Yamaha frame sliders installed

Speedo007

Ok so I just installed the Yamaha frame sliders. They don't look too sturdy but certainly do feel so. I think they blend in pretty well with the bike and if you look at the front view they offer decent protection too.

With taxes they cost me 184$. Worth it? Probably not. Save 60$ and buy Rizoma sliders instead. These are the second pair of sliders I installed on any bike, and the design does appear slightly akward to me but then again, might just be the possibilities that were offered by the frame design.

The concept is similar to what Rizoma does (installed those on my Speed Triple) they dont bolt the slider directly with the frame bolt, instead the slider is bolted to a thick, machined, anodized aluminum plate that is then bolted to the frame using longer frame bolts. My guess is it's done this way to limit the damage to the frame in case of a crash, the extra parts will take most of the hit instead of a direct hit through the slider/frame bolt.

Anyways, here goes a few pictures if some of you guys are interested in buying these.

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
i like em!

i have to think they are designed to snap off in the event of a major crash and NOT break the engine mounting bolt. just a guess though.

by the way, you are a great photographer, i'm jealous of the detail.

Speedo007

Thanks, I actually am a photographer :) Probably shouldnt have said it, now people will notice when I upload quick snapshots hehe.

Will be doing some shootings of my bike this summer though with nice scenaries instead of snow and telephone pole :p

awesome looks great!! if you did it again would you stick with these ones or go with the rizoma? personally i like the looks of the yamaha ones a little more but thats my opinion!!

Speedo007

I think they will probably protect the bike more...that said they are WAY too expensive (even thought they are very sturdy and look good)...Glad I installed them. But if it was to do again, I'd probably save the doe and go with the Rizomas. At equal price, I'd go with the Yamaha sliders.

awesome i am finally back to work so i can start ordering my parts it was a long winter i am going to look into the rizomas cause like you said they are cheaper ... thanks!

Speedo007

Rizoma couldnt make crappy parts even if they wanted too. You can't go wrong with those.
They're about 100$ if you call at bluestreakracing.ca

It will start sounding like I work for them lol! But really, shipping is super fast and free, and great service when you call them. They can get you just about anything so if it's not on their site, give em a call.

awesome do you know where they are located? do they have an actual shop or are they an online shop?

Speedo007

From their site:
By mail: Box 326, 134 Elgin Street, Embro, Ontario, Canada, N0J 1J0
No clue where that is or if you can actually pick up stuff at their warehouse...you can certainly give them a call and ask. Otherwise, shipping is free anyways, and your in Ontario, you'd probably get it the next day. Im in Quebec and got it the next day...never seen such fast AND free shipping...seriously (when parts are stock of course...).

my dealer is still 40$ more then them so i am going to give my business to people who want to deal

mano1192

yea just hope they show up here this decade! PJ's emailed me right away to tell me they are new parts and may take 2-3 weeks for delivery. At this price I'll wait for them. Its very hard to get Rizoma parts here in the US from what Im finding out.

Panther

Yamaha sliders best

I have it on some "insiders" that the genuine Yamaha sliders as pictured in this thread are head and shoulders above the after-market competition. The aluminium and solid nylon materials together with the specific design of the mould make it far more protective. I have order the Yamaha sliders

chopstic

I have it on some "insiders" that the genuine Yamaha sliders as pictured in this thread are head and shoulders above the after-market competition. The aluminium and solid nylon materials together with the specific design of the mould make it far more protective. I have order the Yamaha sliders
Any insight as too why they are so much better?