Yamaha back ordered parts experience

RoadKill

Does anyone have experience with getting back ordered parts from Yamaha?
About 1 week ago I was told the 2013 FZ8 forks were on back order and that they would not arrive at the dealership until June 10th. I called Yamaha today to see if they were able to expedite my order and now the date has moved to june 12th. that is the WRONG way. it seems like they would have enough of these parts ready to build new bikes around to me. I am getting worried that the date will just keep getting pushed back.

The 2013 Forks are almost $300 cheaper than the 2012's which are in stock.
But why pay more for a set of forks that i do not want and wanted to upgrade anyway?

master paper clip

Well there new to the bike so its not like they have an overstock, and the ones for building bikes yamaha dosnt use in its parts inventory, there inventory to complete scheduled bikes, only thing u can do is be patient or find alternate options

RoadKill

just got a call from Yamaha and the forks are being shipping air right now! will be at the warehouse or the dealer tomorrow as long as customs doesn't mess things up.

Bajaedition

I would not get to excited about R1 forks
what you would get has no great advantage over the 2013 forks
you can change spring rates and damping adjustments are a way 2 edged sword. I would imagine most guys will dial in the damping as tight as possible and destroy the handling of the bike. Most riders have no clue on how to set up a bike and use urban legend to do such. For the intended use of this bike the 2013 forks are more than sufficient.

[]V[]addog

i picked up an fz1 rear shock... for my 2011 I'm picking up this week. I was thinking of using 2013 forks too... would that be much differnt that people changing the oil weight in the forks or whatever

Jwood9

You can also get ohlins cartridges for around 1k which if i had the money is what i would be looking into

master paper clip

Just an FYI and don't bite my head off, but a great rider I know recently swappe from race tech to full ohlins, its not really worth the extra money unless u really know what your doing with the suspension and are really looking for that little edge on the track, unless u just wanna get ohlins because of the name.... I'm not saying ohlins is bad by anymeans, but unless you a track warrior it won't reall benefit u anymore then goin to race tech for your suspension