Yamaha 2014 lineup........

b-eock

I don't like ABS.... I can't do stoppies then...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

cambo

Avid Rider
man...I almost grabbed an R1. Was THIS close. Until I checked out how much insurance was. insurance payments were more than the bike payments. ridiculous!! squeaky clean record too...anyway...I don't need an R1...I can barely handle this bike lol.

master paper clip

I wanted and still want an r1... I would have one now but I was smart enough to realize I didn't have the expierence for that much bike, but its defiantly on te top of my list for a replacement bike god forbid something happens to the 8

b-eock

I am gonna get an R1 someday. Insurance for me was quoted at $7,500 a year for full coverage... Clean record. 17. Outrageous, yes. When I get that, I'll try to push its limits like I have done to the 8.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

tri dude

Really not a big fan of the FZ9 styling!!! The motor will be great, but the look of the bike - not so much!!!!! IMHO

adams614

Pillion
Really not a big fan of the FZ9 styling!!! The motor will be great, but the look of the bike - not so much!!!!! IMHO

My thoughts exactly on the FZ9.

I was on my way to the dealer to put a deposit on a 9 when a hold over FZ8 caught my eye. Visually I love the styling and a few tweaks make it the street fighter i wanted.

Last edited:

chrisk

My thoughts exactly on the FZ9.

I was on my way to the dealer to put a deposit on a 9 when a hold over FZ8 caught my eye. Visually I love the styling and a few tweaks it the street fighter i wanted.

Same here, I saw a leftover 2012 FZ8 clearance priced and decided that is the bike I wanted. I did my research that night and saw the FZ-09 was going to replace it and decided waiting for the FZ-09 would be the smarter deal. Debated putting the deposit down for a while but then I finally accepted that the 2012 FZ8 looked a lot better IMO. Used the FZ-09 to get the dealer to further slash the price on the FZ8 and there was no way I was looking back.

tri dude

Same here, I saw a leftover 2012 FZ8 clearance priced and decided that is the bike I wanted. I did my research that night and saw the FZ-09 was going to replace it and decided waiting for the FZ-09 would be the smarter deal. Debated putting the deposit down for a while but then I finally accepted that the 2012 FZ8 looked a lot better IMO. Used the FZ-09 to get the dealer to further slash the price on the FZ8 and there was no way I was looking back.

For me the FZ8 looks every bit the street bike!! The new FZ09 looks like some sort of road/enduro type bike but doesn't pull off either!!! That on piece seat looks awful - I totally think you mad the right choice, and using the FZ09 to leverage a better price is genius!!! Great Buy... :rockon: