WTB: Fz8 stock mirrors

ssky0078

Wanted Fz8 stock mirrors.

I have an Fz1 Gen II that I'm making naked.

Also, if anyone has their stock Fz8 headlight setup I'd be interested in that as well.

C

Camo

I reckon 90% of all members here will have a set of stock mirrors laying around...cause they're rubbish. Why not just slap some bar end mirrors on your bars?

B

bren

Ryan Sterling may have a stock headlight set up??

Im pretty sure he put a new set up on his.

B

bren

agree with Camo though- bar end mirrors all the way! cheap too!

ramrod

Still have my stockies and I would gladly sell them if it wasn't for the yearly Safety Inspection... they won't pass bar end mirrors.

ssky0078

Why no bar end mirrors?
I have to park my bike on the side of the house that requires me to pull it through a doorway with concrete block on one side and I already cut out a hole in the door frame ont he other side to get the bar end through without dragging it anymore. So basically I already have next to no clearance. (BTW it was fun the first time I caught a little of the front brake lever on the door itself and slammed the brakes, lol)

As of right now I just have a cheap plastic $15 handlebar mirror that doesn't do Shhh but will at least hopefully stop the popo from giving me a ticket.

B

bren

Why no bar end mirrors?
I have to park my bike on the side of the house that requires me to pull it through a doorway with concrete block on one side and I already cut out a hole in the door frame ont he other side to get the bar end through without dragging it anymore. So basically I already have next to no clearance. (BTW it was fun the first time I caught a little of the front brake lever on the door itself and slammed the brakes, lol)

As of right now I just have a cheap plastic $15 handlebar mirror that doesn't do Shhh but will at least hopefully stop the popo from giving me a ticket.

you can buy good looking normal mirrors from ebay for a bout 45 bucks mate. waaaay better than the stockers!

ssky0078

you can buy good looking normal mirrors from ebay for a bout 45 bucks mate. waaaay better than the stockers!

I'm not worried about looks, I kind of like the looks, I just want something that gives me some good visibility and is in the Yamaha family. Most of the mirrors I've found, such as Rizoma's, require adapters and the price jumps over $120ish.

I'm not a big fan of the BikeMaster stuff and I won't buy anything from HongKong or China on ebay. I've had friends try to buy stuff from there and they never got it.

I'm just being cheap right now and wouldn't mind the Fz8 mirrors is all. Later if I get a garage I'll pony up for some nice Rizoma stuff.

H

Hoover

Why no bar end mirrors?

My bar ends fold in. And are narrower because I ditched the weights. Well, they would be if I didnt have wider bars.

C

Camo

You can have my stock mirrors for nothing mate, shipping is another thing though.
If you wanted to pay the shipping from Oz to your door, I'll happily pack them up real nice like and drop them at the post office.
Though I'd imagine it'd be cheaper to source a set in the US?

The offer is there any way :)

ssky0078

will need front indicators too...

Interestingly enough in AZ you don't need indicators. You can use hand signals. There is a large HD rider population here as well as custom choppers. They help fight for policy that allows a person to ride without taking safety into consideration :bs2: (just saying)

S

Shock

Should be taking my stock mirrors off tomorrow and then you could have them for shipping from Texas. Way cheaper than from Oz