WTB: 2nd Gen Forks

D

Deleted member 438

I got mine from the FZ1 sister site. Keep checking 'cause something has to come up. I know there are tons of r1 forks on ebay, and since I dropped my forks 5mm I know it won't upset the handling. What year r1 rear are you running?

lyric911

I got mine from the FZ1 sister site. Keep checking 'cause something has to come up. I know there are tons of r1 forks on ebay, and since I dropped my forks 5mm I know it won't upset the handling. What year r1 rear are you running?

07/08. I don't want to go R1 or full FZ1 because I don't want to buy the wheel/axle/rotor. I just want to swap the cartridge to my forks.

Last edited:

Satan666

Spaced Out

07/08. I don't want to go R1 or full FZ1 because I don't want to buy the wheel/axle/rotor. I just want to swap the cartridge or the my forks.

The R1 forks/calipers/axle will work with the FZ wheels and rotors.

The calipers can be spaced outwards 5mm by inserting bushings or washers between the caliper and the fork mount.

The TN is a photo of '07-'08 triple pot calipers.

In the scheme of things, easier than reassembling your FZ forks.

BTDT

lyric911

The calipers can be spaced outwards 5mm by inserting bushings or washers between the caliper and the fork mount.

BTDT

The difference being: I have more time than money. Adding brakes to the cost pushes it out of my budget.

C

Camo

BTDT

I have the '07 R1 forks and 6 pot calipers, to tie it together I had to use the '07 axle and an '09 r1 front wheel. Our rotors work but the axle of our FZ is a different size from memory.
After having my suspension dialled in by someone who knew what they were doing and some new rubber, I can say without a doubt it's been a night and day improvement! Best money I've spent on the bike.
Wilbur internals or equivelent for the front and the best Ohlins you can afford on the rear would be the only way I can see getting an improvement on what I've got.
Was ready to sell the bike two weeks ago lol. Amazing what a bit of tweaking and better tires can do :)

D

Deleted member 438

I have the '07 R1 forks and 6 pot calipers, to tie it together I had to use the '07 axle and an '09 r1 front wheel. Our rotors work but the axle of our FZ is a different size from memory.
After having my suspension dialled in by someone who knew what they were doing and some new rubber, I can say without a doubt it's been a night and day improvement! Best money I've spent on the bike.
Wilbur internals or equivelent for the front and the best Ohlins you can afford on the rear would be the only way I can see getting an improvement on what I've got.
Was ready to sell the bike two weeks ago lol. Amazing what a bit of tweaking and better tires can do :)

You got the bad ass setup.