Would you take the white FZ8 if you could?

Scatt-Man

Howders, peeps. I'm currently halfway to my FZ8, but I'm in a little bit of a gherkin. The local dealer here only has an FZ8 available in white. Sure, it looks nice, but the Eighter in black is just a safe choice. We scored both the black and white colours for 2011 over here in the Australia-lands.

Given the chance, would you take the white?

This'll be my first big purchase, so I'm not sure on how exactly all of this stuff works. Can I simply ask the guy to order in a black one? Would that cost the dealer more money, thus giving me less bartering power in the books?

Ah! And instead of creating another thread for this simple question, I'll just chuck it down here: I'm about 6 foot 4', and 175 lbs. Kinda skinny I guess... But I'm a bit worried that I'll be a tad too tall for the bike. Anyone here around my height? I'm currently riding a '98 FZS 600, which appear to be quite a bit longer than the Eighter. :confused:

Tanks in advance for the help, fellers.

hypo

I don't like white bikes. especially naked ones.

I'm 5'9" and 185 lbs and love the bikes ergonomics. I saw a couple of the guys are swapping out the rearsets - quite possibly for comfort, not sure...

kwrose66

I'm going to have some accenting done in white, I currently have the raven. It's nice, but I want a few things in white. Namely the piece in front of the gas tank, the side pieces under the seat, and probably the two side pieces attached to the headlamp. Hopefully I can get the same type of metal flake that's in the black paint.

diz

Howders, peeps. I'm currently halfway to my FZ8, but I'm in a little bit of a gherkin. The local dealer here only has an FZ8 available in white. Sure, it looks nice, but the Eighter in black is just a safe choice. We scored both the black and white colours for 2011 over here in the Australia-lands.

Given the chance, would you take the white?

This'll be my first big purchase, so I'm not sure on how exactly all of this stuff works. Can I simply ask the guy to order in a black one? Would that cost the dealer more money, thus giving me less bartering power in the books?

Ah! And instead of creating another thread for this simple question, I'll just chuck it down here: I'm about 6 foot 4', and 175 lbs. Kinda skinny I guess... But I'm a bit worried that I'll be a tad too tall for the bike. Anyone here around my height? I'm currently riding a '98 FZS 600, which appear to be quite a bit longer than the Eighter. :confused:

Tanks in advance for the help, fellers.

I'm 6'2" (170lbs) and I feel pretty good on it. My dealer ordered blue (fazer8) from central storehouse in Italy I think. After one week or so, he called me that my bike is ready. There wasn't any additional cost for this.

impostor1981

All small scratches on the tank i.e. you wont be able to see on white bike. I used to have a black bikes and all of them after couple of moths were scratched on the tank ( I am talking really hair thin scratches ) and I washed the bike a couple times a week always raising it well before wash.
Now I ve got white one and there is no scratch that I could see :)

mckshred

White is nice, but Black is....

I live in Arizona (where it's hotter than h*ll for 6 months a year) and it seems like 90% of all vehicles here are White, so I prefer the Black. I know what you mean about the Black showing all imperfections, so it does take some extra TLC.

I found most paint colors to be like this - lighter colors never look bad, as they hide the imperfections better. They look kinda the same clean or dirty.
But when a Dark Color (say dark blue or black) is clean, nothing looks better!

I've seen the 2012 in person - in the Gunmetal grey. Looks good too, but I still prefer the Black. Never seen the white in person, so hard to make the call on which is better.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I like the white but black is for me. I dress in black, my car,trk,yukon are black.
I did however want the gold wheels but could only find the black and that was ok by me.

H

Hoover

The white one with gold rims does look the mutts nuts, but the black is just a bit more aggressive looking and suits the naked style. IMHO. :2cents:

D

Deleted member 438

All small scratches on the tank i.e. you wont be able to see on white bike. I used to have a black bikes and all of them after couple of moths were scratched on the tank ( I am talking really hair thin scratches ) and I washed the bike a couple times a week always raising it well before wash.
Now I ve got white one and there is no scratch that I could see :)

My bike is scratched all over from the cover blowing and moving around. Knowing what I know now I would have gone with white.

Scatt-Man

Jeez, you guys just made the decision even tougher. If only the dealer had both of 'em so I could compare in person. *Throws mouse in fit of rage*

I've still yet to actually sit on the bike, too, so that's something. TO THE BIKE SHOP! I bet they're gonna get quite sick of me over the next few months.

Scratches.... :<

D

DJK1505

Man black looks so tough!!!!!!!!!

Get them to order a black one, or wait for one.

redimp45

hi

I have just bought the white one with gold wheels from my local dealer (it was their demonstrator) and it looks awesome.:)

H

Hoover

My bike is scratched all over from the cover blowing and moving around. Knowing what I know now I would have gone with white.

I have commented about this elsewhere. Yamaha's paint quality is crap. I will almost certainly be getting mine repainted.

C

Camo

G'day mate, firstly it's good to see another Aussie on here! Not to mention one that lives down the road haha...I'm up on the Central Coast.
I'm 6 foot 4 and a fair bit heavier than you and the bike is more than comfortable. The seat took some breaking in and was a bit firm at first but is fine now. I guess colour is a personal thing and to each their own but I was in love with the white FZ8 well before I bought it. I would have preferred the blue but as you know, not available in Oz.
As for the dealer's costings and such, he may be trying to clear out demo or floor stock and the price will reflect that. I have learned though, if you're buying brand new be sure to spend whatever it is you need to spend to get EXACTLY what you want.
You're a long time regretting it when you cheap out and figure you would have been happier spending just a little more.
Bikebiz at Parramatta were happy to play with price. I actually test road the bike there and used that price to leverage my local dealer into a good price:p
They were good guys, definitely check them out.

Scatt-Man

Yo Camos! Yeah, bud, I'm planning on calling up a few local-ish dealers to see if any blackies are around, and Parramatta was on my list. Now it's just the boring wait to save up those last few (thousand) dollars. :2cents:

Hmm. I suppose it was the black FZ8 I fell in love with, so I'll just grab one of them then. Here's hoping someone will still throw in on road costs and a 5 year warranty for non-floor stock. Might even try to get an alarm system thrown in if I can. :bday:

Sure, I could probably research myself, but how much would it cost to respray the bike in your local currency, Hoover? I think I remember seeing that post you were referring to actually, mate. I've been lurking a tonne lately.

C

Camo

Yamaha finance is pretty good atm if you didn't want to save those bux. Don't worry about an alarm, get an end can thrown in if you can!
It'd be cheaper to pull your bike apart and spray it yourself here in Oz mate...I got a couple of quotes to have mine sprayed Yami blue and it was upwards of 2k.
I'd rather have the paint stone chipped to buggery and spend the 2k on suspension and engine mods if I was going to piss that kinda money against the wall.

Scatt-Man

Yeah, I was seriously considering getting finance, throwing down the $6k I've saved as a deposit. That'd mean I'd only pay $1k in interest, which is fine by me. BUT! I've only been working at my current casual job for 3 months, which means no finance for me. I'm currently paying too much tax, so by the time the end of July comes around, my tax return should put me quite a bit over the ~$13,000 price of the bike.

I could always borrow some money off my best mate, but I'm kinda enjoying saving up for my first big purchase. ;)

Jeez, two grand? Yeah, I'm with ya there, mate. There's probably some 3M stuff I could use to protect the tank anyway...providing it doesn't look obvious and crap.

Mind if I ask how much you paid? What did you barter for, and what was the RRP at the time?

GarryM

Welcome aboard from a fellow Sydneyite.

I went straight for the white one, I wasn't interested in black at all. I've never been keen on black bikes. To me they look like black blobs. But I've got a black car. I'm quite liking the pics of the matte black ones. I'm not sure if we get them in Aus though. My advice to you is to get the one that YOU like.

On a side note, I've had my bike since Easter 2011 and I still haven't seen another one on the roads around Sydney.