Winterized

H

Hoover

Reluctantly put the 8 away for the winter today. I no longer have a garage at the house so decided to put it in my storage unit.
I found that Stabil now makes a fuel stabiliser that works for fuel that contains Ethanol and is good for fuel injected engines.
I put in an ounce, topped off the tank, parked it on a heavy tarp and plywood, rear end on my Pit Bull stand. Yanked out the battery, threw the cover on and closed the door.
Bummer.:(:(
See ya in the Spring.

Jordan

How cold does it have to be before you put it away? Middle of winter here, we might get down to 5 degrees C at night (41F) but I'd ride every day of the year.

Speedo007

If you want to make sure your tank doesnt rust really make sure it's full to the top. It's also good to make it idle for 2-3 minutes to make sure the stabilizing agent went through the complete fueling system. Still haven't stored mine, supposed to be a few good days left hehe I took it to the bike shop the other day for the 20000km maintenance, there was snow in my street, was glad to reach the main road where it was dry and clear :)

Last edited:
H

Hoover

In years past, I have ridden untill the first salt is dumped on the street. However, as I no longer have a garage at the house, I have no choice but to put it in my shed, and as we have crappy weather next week, game over.

Oh well, 3 months to go and counting.

C

calscrazy

hoover that sucks, but that is the joys of living up north. i live in dallas/fort worth area and i know people who do that during august and september when the temps get over 100.

hypo

this year should be interesting. First year down here in Texas. Got here last January, so I know they sometimes see ICE, but not much snow. definitely gonna be year round since I made it through the over 105 days... ;)

kbrink

I used to live in Yuma AZ. and enjoyed year round riding (even when it was crazy hot in the summer). Now living in Michigan, I'm feeling Hoover's pain, I hate putting it away for so long! Why can't we all live in southern Cal. or something? San Diego area sounds nice!!! :tup:

Crazywb23

I used to live in Yuma AZ. and enjoyed year round riding (even when it was crazy hot in the summer). Now living in Michigan, I'm feeling Hoover's pain, I hate putting it away for so long! Why can't we all live in southern Cal. or something? San Diego area sounds nice!!! :tup:

San Diego is nice, was 40 degrees the other day and still went on a ride!!! The mtns. were BEAUTIFUL!!!! that day. The first serious ride since my shoulder surgery. I got back in my groove out there leaving the other riders in the dust. Gotta love the sweet so. cal days..... :cheers:

kbrink

San Diego is nice, was 40 degrees the other day and still went on a ride!!! The mtns. were BEAUTIFUL!!!! that day. The first serious ride since my shoulder surgery. I got back in my groove out there leaving the other riders in the dust. Gotta love the sweet so. cal days..... :cheers:

Stop it, your killin me here, Ha ha. :poke: