Windshield Options

ronnie thomas

Not much luck with windsheild. Bought Givi and it is not much. Made one work from Super Tennere. Lot better just get a little helmet noise. I ride to work mostly freeway and the windsheild helps alot.

Bagman

I purchased an MRA Vario Touring for my FZ8s. Don't expect much from any of the windscreen options out there. It all depends on your own height too. I am 5'7". I definitely notice a reduction of buffeting with the Vario Touring set on highest setting (helps with fatique), but there's still a good bit of overall wind noise. I have a GT-Air (read: quiet helmet). Bottom line, the FZ8s is NOT a K1600GTL/Trophy/etc. I commute 50km one-way (all highway), and truth be told earphones with music or earbuds are highly suggested for prolonged highway riding.

OdinSon, how did the MRA Universal screen fit/mount to the FZ8s?

Consider this approach... Decide if you want to keep the FZ8s looking sporting or more touring oriented. If sporty, try to find a PUIG screen or what OdinSon has. If touring, look at MRA's X-Screen, GIVI's option or what I have. I chose mine as some sort of hybrid to keep it still sporty-ish, but hopefully get some better protection.

ALSO... lol.. Do you have a Fazer8 (FZ8s) or FZ8?

Last edited:

OdinSon

Also, I owned the Puig windscreen for a while. It worked alright but nowhere near as well as the MRA one does. I think it looked sportier though. Installation was also easier for the Puig but there was no way to adjust it (unlike the MRA).