Will FZ1 passenger seat interchange with FZ8?

Will FZ1 passenger seat interchange with FZ8? I know the frames are almost identical if not completely. The reason I ask is Corbin makes an FZ1 seat with a back rest, but not an FZ8 seat. Most things I do I jump in head first even if they don't match bikes and have had some success, but at the price to do this, I really don't want to gamble.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
I am not totally sure, but my first instinct is to say no, because the rear of the FZ8 is different than the FZ1. Anyone near me that we can test this?

I am not totally sure, but my first instinct is to say no, because the rear of the FZ8 is different than the FZ1. Anyone near me that we can test this?

Fairing wise I can see it is different, but wasn't sure if it was just that as I think people use the grab rails for the FZ1, but have to modify the fairing.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Fairing wise I can see it is different, but wasn't sure if it was just that as I think people use the grab rails for the FZ1, but have to modify the fairing.

Well, I know the front seat is different between the two, so I would assume the back is different as well. I know Cambo is fairly close to me....we could possibly test this....

Calling out Cambo...

[]V[]addog

I actualy emailed corbin about this, because I wanted the back rest for my passenger like the fz1 on my fazer 800.
Short answer is no, they dont make one that fits and i doubt the intend to. Something about there isn't enough strength in the seat to support a back rest.....

I actualy emailed corbin about this, because I wanted the back rest for my passenger like the fz1 on my fazer 800.
Short answer is no, they dont make one that fits and i doubt the intend to. Something about there isn't enough strength in the seat to support a back rest.....

Time to find a spot on the frame and custom fab something....thanks.

[]V[]addog

Time to find a spot on the frame and custom fab something....thanks.

no problem.. i was thinking that the grab rails on the fazer are pretty darn sturdy, its the mounting point for alot of the top cases that provide a back rest...
so it seemed a bit liek an excuse to me... but... I cant bare having a top case on full time just so i can take my woman a dozen times a year on the bike..

no problem.. i was thinking that the grab rails on the fazer are pretty darn sturdy, its the mounting point for alot of the top cases that provide a back rest...
so it seemed a bit liek an excuse to me... but... I cant bare having a top case on full time just so i can take my woman a dozen times a year on the bike..

I got a brand new back rest for a Vulcan 800 for free (thanks ebay bucks). If I get the fit right, will have to get the chrome powder coated black. The only other detail is I wish I could figure out a way to make this quick to release as I don't want it on all the time and still sturdy enough to feel safe.

thach1130

I wish I could figure out a way to make this quick to release as I don't want it on all the time and still sturdy enough to feel safe.

Go on ebay, look up bicycle seat post quick release. Or these. Made to hold stripper pole, should be adequate to hold you in place, unless you gyrate more than a stripper on a pole.