why fz8 over z1000?

GrnGoblin

My last bike was a zx6r- loved the thing! plenty of balls for a 600 and looked great. was nice and light too.

My opinion on it changed when i decided to park it on its side lol :D

My last bike was an '07 ZX-6R (had an R6 prior to that). I loved the way it rode but sadly had a lot of problems with it (it went back in to the dealership under warranty way too often for my liking). When I was looking for a new bike it was between the Z1000 and the FZ8. Because I had such a good experience with my R6 I went with the FZ8 (styling was a plus too). That being said, I wouldn't mind picking up a Z1000 in addition to my 8 - though I haven't ridden one it looks like a beast of a bike!

B

bren

There seem to be a few haters of the styling of the Kwakka... I think they are over priced, but they look mean as fark!

Seriously- does anyone reckon this is ugly??:

I reckon it looks shit hot! Being an ex Ninja rider, I prob would have bought it if it was cheaper!

But after owning and riding my FZ8- I reckon im converted to yammy's now!

C

Camo

I'd rather be fucked by razor blades than own a green bike :p
The orange and white one looks better, though I actually prefer the ninja1000abs over the z

Ben1105

I'd rather be fucked by razor blades than own a green bike :p
The orange and white one looks better, though I actually prefer the ninja1000abs over the z

That analogy sent shivers up my spine and tingles around my butt hole.

F

Fazed

Seriously- does anyone reckon this is ugly??:

Yes I do. Remove the belly pan and what I think is a radiator shroud. Redesign the headlight and the exhaust, which looks like a 2 year old designed it. I thought the FZ8 one was ugly. Then it'll look a whole lot better.

Given the choice between the z1000 or being fucked by razor blades, I would choose the bike. Not into kinky stuff as much as Camo :eek:

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Z1, they handle about like a cow(pun is there but not initial intent). Okay maybe a bit exaggerated but I really don't enjoy the ride if I'm actually out to ride, just back and forth to work, not bad but it's only 8 miles and no twists or curves

B

bren

Yes I do. Remove the belly pan and what I think is a radiator shroud. Redesign the headlight and the exhaust, which looks like a 2 year old designed it. I thought the FZ8 one was ugly. Then it'll look a whole lot better.

Given the choice between the z1000 or being fucked by razor blades, I would choose the bike. Not into kinky stuff as much as Camo :eek:
I do agree on the belly pan. Way to big. I also think the stock exhaust is ugly..

But I do like the headlight.

blackie71

I had a Ninja 1000 prior to the FZ8. It is a good bike but the insurance was big time, and it required premium fuel. The FZ8 has all the power you can use on the street and the Insurance will be about two thirds less.

razzle

These are the two bikes i am considering! I like the looks of the z1000 but it is alot more $$.The only thing thats holding me back on the FZ8 is the matte paint,just cant get myself to like it!!

grant696

These are the two bikes i am considering! I like the looks of the z1000 but it is alot more $$.The only thing thats holding me back on the FZ8 is the matte paint,just cant get myself to like it!!

Will this be your first bike? The FZ8 has more than enough power.