Why a power dip between 4-5500rpm makes sens

ausfz8

see attached the dyno chart of a stock FZ8 in Blue and the full exhaust system fitted from Akrapovic.
you can see a massive difference. the Akra is still a 4-2-1 exhaust with NO Cat Converter and the lines looks like it may flow a bit better. the muffler also ends up in the same spot. I'd love to see a dyno chart of your mod Marthy and see the comparison. I believe you would be real close so those Akra lines maybe even better with the low slung muffler.
plus your mod is a lot cheaper than around $1200 i believe for a full Akra system.

ausfz8

Marthy what have you noticed when doing these changes? what else have you had to do to the bike?
like O2 Sensor Eliminator?
Remap ECU?

Marthy

Best person to ask is Travis. He dyno his bike stock then after my exhaust. My tune wasn't far off on top but not perfect in the mid range. It was very noticeable when I help DJ with his R779. Exhaust swap fix the flat spot right away... even without the tune done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ausfz8

Will you need a Fuel Controller when doing this?
or can the stock ECU with the Oxygen Sensor Bypassed be able to cope?
From your experiences.

ausfz8

I'm looking into a Fuel Controller at the moment. I have gutted the CAT and bypassed the Oxygen Sensor and been riding on the weekend and my god there is a major difference. so much more linear and you can feel more Power and Torque accross the board.

Evan

This dip in power--unsure if it was unique to my particular bike, but do you guys get a very obvious midrange hesitation at WOT sometimes?

towert7

This dip in power--unsure if it was unique to my particular bike, but do you guys get a very obvious midrange hesitation at WOT sometimes?

I always feel the lag in power in the 4-6k region.

Yesterday though I got my first hesitation in first gear using WOT (I rarely use WOT). I just assume it is the electronics getting confused for a split second.

I'm running the stock ECU with an akra shorty slip on and cat still in.