Who works for Yamaha?

TorontoAlex

Anyone here work as a mechanic/parts guy for Yamaha? I have a very little annoyance: when I installed my rear carrier it came with 4x rubber dampers/grommets for the top case to sit on. One of them fell out and my dealer says he couldn't find a part number to order me a new one. It's probably a $1.00 part but I can't find it. If anyone has any idea where to get the part number or part itself please let me know as I have no idea what to do.

DSmith

If theres no part number or anything, try a home depot or lowes. You might be able to find something close enough to do the job.

TorontoAlex

I've looked and not found anything. I'd much rather get the silly thing from Yamaha. Somewhere out there in the world, there is a bin full of 1000s these things ready to be packaged and shipped with more racks. I'd really like for someone to help me find it. I just need 1.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
you mean this guy?

As you can see, I only needed 1, too.

lepontois2

Look and see if there is a Fastenal near you. They carry thousands of thousands of bolts and stuff. They would probably have some.

HeadFX

OK this doesn't help you at all now Alex, but I worried about losing mine when no box was fitted: so I screwed some small metal hooks (wider than the holes the dampers go through) into the rubber stalks after fitting, just in case!