• 10,000-20,000

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • 20,000-30,000

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • 30,001+

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters

rug_burn

My bike was just in the shop 1000 miles ago for a dead cylinder. A coil was replaced and the bike ran fine. Yesterday the cylinder dropped again. Have you had any issues with this?

No, never had tat problem. Although- I was getting this intermittent miss at low speed, which seemed to be due to my plugs having excessive gap (.055 where .030 is the desired gap) which no longer happens with new plugs installed.

rug_burn

My bike was just in the shop 1000 miles ago for a dead cylinder. A coil was replaced and the bike ran fine. Yesterday the cylinder dropped again. Have you had any issues with this?

A lot of guys seem to have problems like that..... makes me wonder if pressure washing the engine is to blame. It forces water in where it never should be.
At the very least, if you do pressure wash your engine: give it a good hard run right afterward to boil off any residual water lurking in the electrical connectors, coils, spark plug holes, etc. Better yet, is just to wash it with something like Hondabright, low pressure and a garden hose rinse, blow it off with an air hose or garden blower then give it the same hard run to get it hot and get rid of the water..

Just sayin'-

Running on 3 Cylinders

I have never power washed the engine although I have thought about it. That would make sense though. I might end up having to replace 3 other coils.

A lot of guys seem to have problems like that..... makes me wonder if pressure washing the engine is to blame. It forces water in where it never should be.
At the very least, if you do pressure wash your engine: give it a good hard run right afterward to boil off any residual water lurking in the electrical connectors, coils, spark plug holes, etc. Better yet, is just to wash it with something like Hondabright, low pressure and a garden hose rinse, blow it off with an air hose or garden blower then give it the same hard run to get it hot and get rid of the water..

Just sayin'-

Mo$4FZ8

Bought new May 12, 2011. It has 39,810 today Apr 23, 2018. At 39,496 just changed the clutch 2 weeks ago. 48 miles round trip a day, usually 4 days a week. Ride mostly all year, Southern California.

Jonnyx

Least...? I have 1500 on mine 🤣 just bought it last year though. Hoping to stack the miles this year!