Where to Install Load Resistors for LED Lights

jmsandy77

Hi Guys,
Looking to convert to LED's for the front and rear turn signals. For those of you who've done it, where did you install your load resistors in order to prevent the hyper flashing. I know they get quite hot so I was a bit concerned with just putting them in the tail of the bike.

On a side note, do you have any light manufactures you suggest that don't cost an arm and a leg and are of decent quality? Looking forward to your input. Thanks!

a-rode

Hi Guys,
Looking to convert to LED's for the front and rear turn signals. For those of you who've done it, where did you install your load resistors in order to prevent the hyper flashing. I know they get quite hot so I was a bit concerned with just putting them in the tail of the bike.

On a side note, do you have any light manufactures you suggest that don't cost an arm and a leg and are of decent quality? Looking forward to your input. Thanks!

Go to your local Cyclegear and but the LED flasher relay for Yamaha. It's on the shelf with all the signals and speedmetal parts. $20 and you just replace the OEM relay.

Simple fix. You can get decent signals as well.

Mta1981

+1 on the flasher relay for leds, you wanna cut those watts not keep them!! got mine for under 20 on ebay

Last edited:

HeresMyMind

the relay is safer as well. those resistors heat up and get hot which can melt (i've seen it happen with properly installed quality resistors)

Also if you use resistors they still draw the same voltage/wattage as bulbs. LEDs pull less which helps draw less battery power incase you leave lights on, but if there is a resistor it is the same as if they were halogen bulbs

-B

jmsandy77

Go to your local Cyclegear and but the LED flasher relay for Yamaha. It's on the shelf with all the signals and speedmetal parts. $20 and you just replace the OEM relay.

Simple fix. You can get decent signals as well.
Thank you for the reply. Is just one flasher relay needed or one for the front and one for the back. Can you point me in the direction of the install location? Thanks!

a-rode

Thank you for the reply. Is just one flasher relay needed or one for the front and one for the back. Can you point me in the direction of the install location? Thanks!

Just one relay. And it is under the rear set on the right side. Plenty of pics if you Google

Davor_

I got one from Amazon for like 20bucks and installed it under the seat... No problems plug and play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk