where do you store your bike ?

FZ8qwk

garage ?
inside ?
patio ?
shed ?

inside living room, lol ?

just wondering, if you leave your bike outside, even with a cover, will parts starts to corrode over time, condensation etc ?

jafolcke

Mine spends quite a bit of time outside and uncovered during the summer, but in the winters it sits in a temperature controlled barn plugged into a battery storage unit.

97audia4

Mine gets stored in my shop/ barn locked up but I never put a battery tender bc I ride during the winter here as long as its not snowing or under 28. And if i get bored I want to do a burnout the ease the pain of winter.

Landin

Love your bike as you love your woman!!! :D

DanS

Commuter
Storage?...lol... Mine sleeps next to my lonely truck in the garage.The only good thing about residing in SE Texas is we don't have "winter" it's riding season year around.

Danger

In my garage ready to ride, even in Chicago there's usually one good riding day a month through the winter. Even if there isn't I start it occasionally to keep the spiders from taking it over.

LitzerSki

Mine sleeps on the street under the stars. I have a garage, but never saw the need to cover and baby any of my bikes.

A little rust never hurt anybody.

cambo

Avid Rider
I leave it outside, under cover, sandwiched between our cars and the house, chained up, hooked up to a battery tender, with a surveillance camera over top, and a 12-guage 4 feet away.

I'd like to hope I live in a decent neighborhood to where I don't need to worry about it, but you never know. It's a pain in the ass getting the bike out, I need to move all the damn cars every time. But I'm a little paranoid after having mine and my wife's dirtbikes jacked from my step dad's barn recently.

Anyway, to the OP, as far as any corrosion or anything from leaving it outside under cover over the winter--I haven't noticed anything.

Last edited:

Landin

Come on down I've always got room for a fellow biker... as long as you bring a couple HOT Swedish ladies with you :D

Thanx m8! Maby I will go to US and A next summer and make a visit =)
Sure, will bring swedish girls, want me to bring some for you to? =))

richielord09

Storage?...lol... Mine sleeps next to my lonely truck in the garage.The only good thing about residing in SE Texas is we don't have "winter" it's riding season year around.

365 days of riding, I could handle that.

Mine will be Outside under a pram style cover

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorbike-Motorcycle-Bike-Shelter-Garage/dp/B0047UCEU8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364798662&sr=8-1]Motorbike Motorcycle Bike Cover Shelter Garage (BH01): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike[/ame]

SeñorJack

El Guapo
ya I have to say I usually store my bike under my butt or in the parking lot while I am waiting to get back on. I mean working.

C

cracker0309

Keep mine in our foyer. Sometimes I'll leave her in my garage but not very often.

Sent from my Evo LTE