Where do you sit?

lothodon

Super Moderator
Simple question,

Where do you sit (as the operator of course)?

I'm trying to get used to my ugly Corbin seat and just can't seem to sit all the way back where the flat spot is. Seems even at 6'4" I feel like I'm really reaching for the bars.

Under aggressive driving it feels far more natural to sit all the way forward.

Just wondering where the rest of the drivers sit.

H

Hoover

I sit all the way back in the seat with my arms spread wide.
My Renthals give me a great arm stance.
When I put my seat covers on, they gave me a little more "butt traction" than the stock seat and allowed me to grip with my knees better.
That being said, I have a very f'k'd up back and my riding postion is a bit "Barry Sheene"
By that I mean that I sit on a bike in a way that I can be comfortable and still throw it around.
One of the reasons I have always had naked bikes is because they suit my own health/riding position.
One tip to comfort I could offer is feet. I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs and move them when I need to shift or brake. I have done this since I started riding 30 years ago.
A lot of people I ride with notice this and ask me why I do it. I just do it because it feels right for me.

On a side note, I always ride with my middle finger on the both the clutch and brake lever...

hypo

When I got my corbin, I found that they want you to sit back a bit further than I was used to, but I accustomed to it pretty quick. I'm 5'9ish with a 32inseam. I did put some risers on the bars though to give me another 1.5" from the stem. my butt stopped sliding around too, and my pants stopped riding up. :)

C

calscrazy

all the way forward. at 5'6" not a whole lot of options though.

D

Deleted member 438

I ride always with the boys smashed against the tank. :eek:

I feel like our bike naturally wants to slam us into the tank, but I use my knees to keep from banging the boys up too much.

ZIA_Zen

I ride forward gripping the bike with my knees/thighs and balls of my feet on the pegs with my arms/hands relaxed. Occasionally, I let my feet go duckfooted, but it doesn't feel right.

The only time my butt is back on the seat is when I'm tucked to avoid the wind shear.