Wheel tape

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Since the gold wheels were not available in the states(bummed) I was thinking about putting on gold wheel tape.
Do you you guy's like it? or not?

D

DJK1505

My buddy has black, and a little red, on his R6 fairings, and he just did red tape on his wheels. It came out looking pretty good. Think it would look pretty good on the ole' 8. I have never put it on, is it hard to take off? Hell try it!

The gold wheels are really growing on me. That flat against that gold, damn that does look sharp!

DJ

C

Camo

rim tape is cheap enough to give it a go and if you dont like it, rip it off again.
You could always order gold wheels or paint the originals?

crspangenberg

I put the Red Rim Tape on my bike looks awesome! Good luck removing it though, I messed up the first time and was scrubbing and scraping about 6" for almost an hour and a half! Would not come off, be very careful when you install and make sure you get the pre curved tape makes life much easier!!

ramrod

Has anyone tried to remove the paint of the wheel and polish them afterwards? I did this on my 919. Used Aircraft Aluminum Paint Remover on the lip and polished it, looked pretty slick actually. It was a real pain to keep them clean, but well worth it on a sunny day.

Example

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
My buddy has black, and a little red, on his R6 fairings, and he just did red tape on his wheels. It came out looking pretty good. Think it would look pretty good on the ole' 8. I have never put it on, is it hard to take off? Hell try it!

The gold wheels are really growing on me. That flat against that gold, damn that does look sharp!

DJ

I tried the gold tape and it looked like crap when I did it. When it is time to change the tires, I am definitely having my rims powdercoated in gold.

H

Hoover

Has anyone tried to remove the paint of the wheel and polish them afterwards? I did this on my 919. Used Aircraft Aluminum Paint Remover on the lip and polished it, looked pretty slick actually. It was a real pain to keep them clean, but well worth it on a sunny day.

Example

Yup, I did it when I built my Bandit fighter. I vowed I would never do it again.:eek:
They looked fantastic but what a BITCH of a job to do it properly and keep them clean.
I thought about doing it to this, well paying someone actualy but cannot decide whether to go gold instead....

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
Cool, maby I'll wait and see what you see!:)

So my rim tape came in - unfortunately I thought it looked like A#$ so I only used the little squares you see in the picture and just used pinstriping instead.

sinclap2

Lazy
This is a pic I took of my danmoto slip on for tat thread, but you can see the blue reflective tape I have on my wheels. I also bought a smaller decal that just says yahama Fazer fz8, just to break the blue up. I like the way it looks, but it isn't eveyone's taste.

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/sinclap2/fr_199_size1024.jpg

Truthfully, when you put the tape on it doesn't have to 100% perfect, ie perfectly match the curve of the rim. In this case near enough is good enough. You won notice slight deviations, unless you're looking for them.

This where I got the tape:
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

This I where I got the fazed decal:
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Last edited: