What's your most useful/favorite mod on your FZ8?

Mr. Man

I just recently picked up a 2012 FZ8. Just like many other things I own, I can't seem to keep them stock. This looks to be the case with most people on here. So tell me what your favorite mod is and why! I bought the bike used and already have an HID Retrofit, rear spools, and a fender eliminator kit.

thach1130

Center stand or rear stand - not having to roll the bike around a parking lot to oil the chain is awesome. Same goes for oil change. You don't have to straddle the bike for the oil to drain.

Better seats - your nuts and ass will thank you for it.

Windscreen - less wind/bugs on highway goes splat on you

Airbox mod, AIS block off, slip on exhaust, PCV - bike will growl like a hungry beast.

F3NIX

It really depends on what your going to be using the bike for. Local commutes or longer rides. You cant go wrong with anything thach mentioned above...I would include bar end mirrors. I have crg mirrors, expensive but alot easier to see with bar ends :)

Sent from my phone

RoadKill

So far I have:

pitbull forward rear stand, front stand.
Yamaha Center Stand for shock changes.
Juice Box pro.
Motodynamic Intergrated Tail light with LED front blinkers.
Evotech Fender Eliminator
Evotech Radiator guard
Rizoma Clone mirrors
Driven Grips
2013 Adjustable FZ8 forks
BKMoto HID Kit
Penske 8975 rear shock
Yamaha Sliders
Yoshi R77
Shorty levers
out of those things the best upgrade has to be the Penske shock. It has taken the bike to the next level and honestly feels like a much better bike.

Last edited:

septembersown

best mods to my fz8

drag bars lowered my riding position just pefect, i think clip ons would be too low. lowered my riding position but not so much i get wrist and hand fatigue. also 2 up on rear sprocket 1 down on front. i was going to trade mine in until i did these mods you can see pics in album named my fz8 after 1 year

Mr. Man

I forgot to mention that I also have an 07 FZ1 rear shock and yoshimura frame sliders. I think for me a small windshield, a rear stand and possibly a slip on exhaust maybe be next! Keep the suggestions coming!!

Last edited:

cxa0897

Once I eventually get a rear tire stand that will probably be it. Rolling a bike a few feet, spraying, rolling some more....is getting old real fast.

The alternative would be my axio tailbag. Makes daily riding so much better, and doesn't look like a milk crate tossed on the bike. Nice low profile, adequate storage, and I got it for a hell of a price

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
I love my re-gear. On the flipside, I ride about 8 miles to work so it's not really a commute, I just like to play a lot.

AlCab

Without a doubt, my most useful mod is the integrated gear indicator. Works perfect and it's so nice knowing what gear I'm in.

Bajaedition

So far the most useful mod, my Targa tank bra, keeps me from scratching the tank
my favorite has been my sequential tail light by Motodynamics

BigOleChalupa

Once I eventually get a rear tire stand that will probably be it. Rolling a bike a few feet, spraying, rolling some more....is getting old real fast.

The alternative would be my axio tailbag. Makes daily riding so much better, and doesn't look like a milk crate tossed on the bike. Nice low profile, adequate storage, and I got it for a hell of a price
I just bought an OXFORD brand rear tire stand from the local bike shop...it was only 59$ CDN and it's awesome...no complaints at all :) I was looking at much more expensive ones online, but am glad I didn't go that route!
BIGO