whats the coldest ride you have had?

first ride of the year!! wish i had a camera to tape me passing a snowmobile (he was on the side of the highway of course) but it was only -9 had to take it out now i cant wait for warmer weather to come!!! whats the coldest ride you have ever had?

Last edited:

LitzerSki

The coldest I've ridden in is 9 (F) or I guess -13 (C). I was on my Triumph Thruxton flying down I-195 in MA, came to the off ramp only to discover that my clutch cable was frozen solid. I stomped it down into 2nd, but for some reason couldn't get neutral or 1st, so I ran 2 stop lights (it was 6am) and stalled it at my jobsite.

Thebijmaster

My car is in the shop and I can't really get anything quick for a rental and I hate it. I'm usually an aggressive driver and knowing that I'm in a slow car I have to hold back since I'd just look like an idiot driving a heavy v4 like a sportscar. Normally I wouldn't be riding in weather colder than 50ish F (10ish C).

I've had the bike out for like 300 miles in the past 4 days or so, can't resist not taking it out even though it's cold as hell. Coldest I've been in is probably any one of the given nights here, as I drive home around 11pm after work with the lowest low around 30F/-1C. It's cold, but like I said I can't resist the bike. Moving up from a 13 year old VZ800 that put out 65hp when it was brand new and turned like a stubborn donkey, every time I take this thing out it blows me away. Haven't even taken it over 6k rpms on street acceleration yet.

Moving up from a cruiser with a huge windshield the flyscreen to me seems like a complete joke, but after reading around a bit I guess it supposedly makes a decent difference (don't want to jack the thread). I'll be reading up on you guys who will be adding stuff on to your bikes. Thanks in advance.

Speedo007

Around -15c. And it was snowing...
Oh coldest ride ever was on a bicycle, -50C with wind factor, I was young and stupid, after 45 minutes I arrived at work and it took like 20 minutes before I could talk my jaw was numb! lol!

Last edited:

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Nice. Mine would be a mere 6-7C. But it was 2AM and all I had was a t-shirt and jeans. So I was pretty cold for the 70km I had to travel. :(

hypo

Not too many people CAN ride year round... and when I lived in Virginia, I got my bike out as often as I could. two days after a big snowstorm the sun came out for a whole day and melted the roads and I think it was about 28 degrees outside on the way to work the next morning. Chaps, three layers under my jacket, lined gloves (didn't work for crap) and a neck gaiter. going home it had gotten up to about 36 degrees and my wife just shook her head like I was crazy.

:)