What rpm range do you live in?

Whitej84

Just curious but What rpm range do you live in? What range do you find yourselves staying in the most? Crushing on the highway and around town

n00b

Avid Rider
I'm always on the low side... that's what I get for living with big V8's most of my life. LOL

3-5K if i'm just cruising around town

Marthy

7K @ 75mph with the FZ6R
5K @ 75mph with the FZ-09

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

lance2448

Depends on the traffic. In light to normal traffic, about 4-5K, but during rush hour I always ride a gear down....because idiots.

pigdog

ya i like 4500rpm. not buzzy. today i found myself riding down the 101 in 5th gear so i left it there. the other day i ran up to red line in 1st gear out of curiosity. looked like 65mph.

thach1130

4500rpm local. I find it's where it's smoothest as well as muffler quietest. Slight vibration at 5k which won't go away until 6k and above. At that point the bike is screaming so i don't like being there. On highway between 6k-7k. With -1 front sprocket the bike cruise 70mph at 6k rpm @ 6th gear. So on the highway the bike is screaming all the time to keep up with traffic.
The bike is torquey enough, i wonder why Yamaha does not have wider gearing and higher 6th gear.

F

fz8kansas

On the hiway and traffic permitting I run between 5 and 6k, but I love the sound of the motor from 6 to 7.5k. It is still fully stock but it has a sweet mechanical sound. I love listening to motors run. I have a carbed Evinrude 150 V6 on my boat and it has a great howl at 5.5k and 68 mph.

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
Yeah, I'm pretty sure 1st red lines somewhere in the mid 70s

How do you guys have the time to look at the speedo when you're at redline in first? I'm too busy trying to keep from bumping into 11.5k! OH! and, on the roads we traveled this weekend, I lived in the 7-9k range. It was AWESOME!

TwoWheels

I live in the 4-6000 range. Because as someone else mentioned... idiots. I want all 4 methods to escape a situation. Left, right, brake, punch it.

Rotaryknight

5.5k-7k on the highway, on the local streets, I am in 2nd gear most of the time. Dont know the rpm range for that, 20-30mph.