What is the longest ride you have done?

Motogpmad

What is the longest ride you have done on your FZ8? I'm off to Assen in june to watch Motogp. I will be riding from the midlands Uk so looking at around 800 miles in one trip. Kinda thinking im going to be a bit numb when i get there :(

bobbyb

I rode 500 miles last july to Minneapolis. 10 +hrs. 50 miles per gallon @ 75 mph. yes sore butt, the seat isn't made for cruising distances. I'd also look into some kind of highway foot pegs for the trip.I saw a post regarding rear footpegs mounted to the front engine case to stretch your legs forward. Good luck
B

Martimusx

I did 700 miles straight in 11.5 hours from CT to WV. Moved around in the seat alot and had a tank bag to lay on.

F

Fazed

I did about 2500km in 2 days riding a YZF600 from Perth to Adelaide. I haven't done any big trips in ages and want to do one to Tasmania soon.

B

bren

no long trips on the FZ8 yet. but rode my SV650 from Brisbane to Sydney- around 11hrs. My ass was red raw when i finally got to Sydney! I had to stop every hour or so after i got half way!

C

Camo

I did a 600+km day last Friday, longest in a while.
Need a gel seat, the stock one is good if you're just blasting around the twisty bits...any length of time in the one spot and its game over.