What Insurance are you guys using?

H

Hoover

American Family.
One of the midwest's biggest. I bundle everything so I get a good deal.

lothodon

Super Moderator
Hoover, make CERTAIN you have the optional accessory coverage!!!

AmFam tried to tell me that the fairings, turn signals and every single piece of plastic on my R1 was "optional" and not a part of the covered bike.

C

calscrazy

dairyland. bikes are the only thing not in my bundle. everything else is covered by liberty mutual.

JRider

State Farm was cheapest for me last August, still $450 per year clean record but no bundle. Seems they were not sure how to classify our bike yet.

Yamacat1000

Progressive was best for me...saved 2 whole dollars by bundling the pick up and bike ha. But im 22 and its less than 900 per year with 3 speeding tickets. (full coverage) Ive heard progressive are some real a$$ holes when it comes to fixing a crashed bike though... couldnt tell ya.

ramrod

I know i'm getting reemed by theft coverage here on Island... pay almost $1,000 for full year coverage. Mind you this is w/ a clean abstract and 11 years of riding. Can't wait until the lean is paid off so I can go back to state minimum.

H

Hoover

Hoover, make CERTAIN you have the optional accessory coverage!!!

AmFam tried to tell me that the fairings, turn signals and every single piece of plastic on my R1 was "optional" and not a part of the covered bike.

All good bud. My good friend of 20 years is my agent!

hypo

Progressive was best for me...saved 2 whole dollars by bundling the pick up and bike ha. But im 22 and its less than 900 per year with 3 speeding tickets. (full coverage) Ive heard progressive are some real a$$ holes when it comes to fixing a crashed bike though... couldnt tell ya.

NOT TRUE.

I killed a deer in February and I had not 1, not 2, but 3 Progressive reps working my case. 1 guy was the team lead, 1 guy was focused on checking out the bike, getting me cost estimate to replace all my goodies, all my leathers and helmets and gear, and the last person (a lady) made sure that all my medical expenses were covered properly. Great communication, great speed of return on emails and phone calls and monies. Progressive had the best rates in Texas but I kept my cars and house with State Farm... because Texas also has the worst motorcycle riders with the highest rate of wrecking bikes. ;)

my coverage is $3000 in extras plus $20k in medical coverage as well.

Last edited:
V

Vapordan

awwww man, I need to vent. My insurance is turning out to be quite a problem - should have done it before buying the bike. They're not taking me at my word that I had bikes in Texas so they're billing me as a noob in Canada with some pretty rates! I'd prefer selling the bike than pay that rubbish. Thing is, it's been so long I can't really remember who I had those bikes insured with. Finally got a hit with Geico after working the phones all day yesterday way back in 1997 but they've replaced their quote software system so they can see the policy and the bike -Yamaha MaximX (20valve genesis engine beast of a bike i tell you, but I'm getting off topic) but they can't 'go into the file...' in order to generate a letter of experience. And I haven't even taken posession of the bike YET!!!

D

DJK1505

awwww man, I need to vent. My insurance is turning out to be quite a problem - should have done it before buying the bike. They're not taking me at my word that I had bikes in Texas so they're billing me as a noob in Canada with some pretty rates! I'd prefer selling the bike than pay that rubbish. Thing is, it's been so long I can't really remember who I had those bikes insured with. Finally got a hit with Geico after working the phones all day yesterday way back in 1997 but they've replaced their quote software system so they can see the policy and the bike -Yamaha MaximX (20valve genesis engine beast of a bike i tell you, but I'm getting off topic) but they can't 'go into the file...' in order to generate a letter of experience. And I haven't even taken posession of the bike YET!!!

Damn brother, sounds like a real hassle.

Tell you what, just ride it like you stole it and dont stop!!!!!!! LMAO, I rode for 14 years without a license and insurance, young and dumb I tell you!!!!!!!!! Sorry for your pain brother!!!!!

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Beacon insurance. $350 for a full year. For the plate there is only one choice here in B.C., and that is I.C.B.C.(Insurance corp of British Columbia.)

V

Vapordan

Think it's going to work out to $600 even with riders plus for bare bones liability. I'm down for that hook, line and sinker. The others had rates that I won't care to repeat here. We'll see how it goes, so far no request for letter of experience.

Update, the quote morphed into $663!

Last edited by a moderator:

FZ8Hawaii

Progressive here in Honolulu

Brand new 2012 Fz8 I am paying just over $700 a year full coverage. Also went with a deal they offered for another $250 for two years, the bike is 100% covered for any total loss. Was told the bike could be stolen or totaled and if its under two years they would replace the bike at 100%.

bobbyb

Primmum

I'm in ontario canada. Paid $450 last year for my 1969 kawasaki H1 triple. $640 this year for the FZ8, full covereage ,2 year full replacement in the event of an accident. Primmum is the insurer.
B

V

Vapordan

I'm in ontario canada. Paid $450 last year for my 1969 kawasaki H1 triple. $640 this year for the FZ8, full covereage ,2 year full replacement in the event of an accident. Primmum is the insurer.
B

I really haven't heard of these rates in the Gta. Where a outs is northern Ontario? That's a really good deal btw.