Well this is good bye

e11charlie

Had my 8 since November. Bike before that was a sportster and a DRZ before that. And before all of those sport bikes since 2005. Even with the seating position of the 8 even any slightly forward position has been causing problems with my shoulders. When I left the army I had bad knee and shoulder problems in 2005. After many bikes my knee problems got better with sport touring bikes. However my shoulders kept getting worse on every bike except the sportster and the DRZ. Since cruisers killed my knees I thought sport touring was the way to go. Over the last 10 months the shoulder problems have gotten to the unbearable level again. The last two weeks I have been testing out various motards. The DRZ was great but was shite for top end. Through great sadness I am not able to ride the 8 for any longer than an hour tops. I am currently trying to sell it locally. In the mean time I have bought a 2013 Husqvarna Strada. The shoulder problems have subsided. So long story short, the 8 is going. This has been the most informative forum for a specific bike I have ever seen. I thank you all for the information. I doubt I will find one specific to the Husky but it allows me to get my fix of twisty roads and slight hooliganism. Other than shoulder surgery this was my only option. I will not go under the knife unless I have to. Again thanks for the help when needed.

JSP

Administrator
Had my 8 since November. Bike before that was a sportster and a DRZ before that. And before all of those sport bikes since 2005. Even with the seating position of the 8 even any slightly forward position has been causing problems with my shoulders. When I left the army I had bad knee and shoulder problems in 2005. After many bikes my knee problems got better with sport touring bikes. However my shoulders kept getting worse on every bike except the sportster and the DRZ. Since cruisers killed my knees I thought sport touring was the way to go. Over the last 10 months the shoulder problems have gotten to the unbearable level again. The last two weeks I have been testing out various motards. The DRZ was great but was shite for top end. Through great sadness I am not able to ride the 8 for any longer than an hour tops. I am currently trying to sell it locally. In the mean time I have bought a 2013 Husqvarna Strada. The shoulder problems have subsided. So long story short, the 8 is going. This has been the most informative forum for a specific bike I have ever seen. I thank you all for the information. I doubt I will find one specific to the Husky but it allows me to get my fix of twisty roads and slight hooliganism. Other than shoulder surgery this was my only option. I will not go under the knife unless I have to. Again thanks for the help when needed.

Stick around! Just because you will not have the 8, does not mean we do not want your company! As you can see, I don't have mine either anymore.. ;)

b-eock

Sad to see you go. Hope all is well though, keep on riding is all that matters! (Well not all that matters, but you get what I'm saying :p )

And yeah, stick around. Always welcome, not that you need mine or anyone's permission.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Hey man show us some pics of the husky! Don't forget to say hi from time to time:-D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

cambo

Avid Rider
sorry to hear about the shoulder dude...I agree, I would do anything to avoid letting them cut me open. bummer it means having to let go of the 8.

like Jay said, hope you check in every now and then. post any new stop motion vids you make!

and thanks for serving.

decooney

Well Here she is. The modding will begin this winter. Until then its canyon time and dirt roads.

e11charlie,
Cool bike. Keep in touch here for sure. Let us know how the Strada works out for you. I sat on one last week while I was over at the Husky Dealer. My #1 passion is dirt, and dirt/dual sport riding first. I ride a Beta 450RS dual sport more for dirt and mild road to the next trail system. I'm a former DRZ owner too, had a few before the Beta. I'm curious to see how the new Husky Strada 650 makes an influence on the vacant 650 dual sport market in the USA. Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki offer nothing close to your Strada in terms of overall design, function, suspension today in a modern dual sport 650. The Strada is a new benchmark offering IMO. Many of us are watching this new bike and the recent purchase and takeover of the Husqvarna company closely. I heard the main guy who owns KTM bought Husky. i.e. "transferred to one of the KTM factories in Austria". Interesting times. I have two sets of wheels for my Beta, one for road/trails and hard core dirt knobby set for mud and single track dirt trails. My buddy did the same on his Husky TE450. Makes the bikes super versatile. You can cheat with one set of wheels with a set of Dunlop D606s for your Strada if you go for more of the hybrid dirt setup and still need to ride road half the time. Have fun.

Last edited:

e11charlie

Going on a long ride this weekend. I will give a report. I know what your saying about the offerings. The I looked at the 690 Duke but the ABS can't be switched off. BMW had one a couple of years ago but trashed the model. Don't know if they're still available outside the US.

e11charlie

Well have just over 1000 miles now. Canyons and twisties it handles better than I would have imagined. Able to keep up with sport bikes quite easily. Any straight and bam they're gone but that's obvious. Comfort is better than I thought it would be. Seat is well a factory seat. Refoam and cover this winter. Handles trails very well. Haven't been on any single track stuff but don't know yet if I will even try. My off road seat time is very limited to this point. Might just get a straight dirt bike for that. Stairs it handles like a dream. Not that I would do that but I've heard. All it wants to do is wheelie. Holy shit this thing is fun. Someone I know once said. "Riding a motard is like dating that nympho in highschool. You'll end up riding em in places that would be questionable morally." View attachment 2580

97audia4

Well have just over 1000 miles now. Canyons and twisties it handles better than I would have imagined. Able to keep up with sport bikes quite easily. Any straight and bam they're gone but that's obvious. Comfort is better than I thought it would be. Seat is well a factory seat. Refoam and cover this winter. Handles trails very well. Haven't been on any single track stuff but don't know yet if I will even try. My off road seat time is very limited to this point. Might just get a straight dirt bike for that. Stairs it handles like a dream. Not that I would do that but I've heard. All it wants to do is wheelie. Holy shit this thing is fun. Someone I know once said. "Riding a motard is like dating that nympho in highschool. You'll end up riding em in places that would be questionable morally." View attachment 2580

That right there had me on the floor rolling laughing because my ex was one and its true, but then my current girl walked in wondering what the hell I was laughing at:scared: