Well its been 3 weeks and after first service

Kardiac996

So the 2013 has come a long way from stock in three weeks.

I took her on a nice back country 130 mile run through the mountain and she handles like a dream. Commute and normal everyday riding is a breeze.

I'm waiting on my new shorty levers and GP carbon Danmoto to show up at the door tomorrow but here is how she looks today with 900 miles.

goonanc

nice sled. i just picked up a '12. i bought a rad cover from "whelan" nice touch, i might suggest it. i thought of the danmoto myself, but ended up with the volcano flame. i like it. i think i may have been happier with the danmoto!! oh well. tell me about those mirrors. i really like that look, but the only ones i can find will not fit due to the "plugs" in the bar end (unless they are removable and i missed something) but those are sweet. did you put your oem bar weights back on?

Kardiac996

I'm also ordering my danmoto texgp exhaust tomorow, how long was shipping?

Just got mine today and ordered it last Wednesday so like 4-5 business days. I got it installed and took her out for a bit . Pipe sounds awesome!!!! and is worth every penny.

Pros:
1: Looks
2: Sounds
3:Quality is actually very good on pipe and midpipe.
4: They gave me a free danmoto shirt which is cool and it looks cool too.

Here are my gripes about the install process.
1: The Carbon Fiber has a clear coat on it ad easily scratches from the bracket used to install.
2: The brace/clamp they provide for the midpipe attachment is like a brass colored whatever.
- Doesn't match the midpipe or provided bracket for pipe!!!? dont know why it couldn't just be steel.
- Broke the nut used to tighten it down. its shitty sheet metal.
3: The bracket they give you to hang it is a sheet like metal too and easily bends out of shape and leaves some gaps around the pipe
- The rubber they provide to go on the backside should be easier to fasten or come glued. That shit kept falling off when trying to get placement.
4: Have to remove the stock mount for the exhaust and use the open threads in the rear set to attach the bracket.
- This isnt really a problem but I cant ever remove both rear sets unless i get a one sided bracket and that looks unbalanced. (just a symmetry thing here lol)

So this image shows what i did for the bracket in red. The rubber grommet i took off of the orignal mount and placed it inbetween the two bracket ends to reduce bending and vibration. Worked out quite well actually.

Here are the pictures of it fully installed. (Dont mind the spots on pavement they aren't from the bike but drips from oil changes etc..)

Last edited:

Kardiac996

nice sled. i just picked up a '12. i bought a rad cover from "whelan" nice touch, i might suggest it. i thought of the danmoto myself, but ended up with the volcano flame. i like it. i think i may have been happier with the danmoto!! oh well. tell me about those mirrors. i really like that look, but the only ones i can find will not fit due to the "plugs" in the bar end (unless they are removable and i missed something) but those are sweet. did you put your oem bar weights back on?

I got the mirrors from this guy on ebay.
1 Pair Black Motorcycle Reversible BAR END Rear Side Mirror 7 8'' Universal FIT | eBay

Quality is superb
shipped from china received in 1.5 weeks
installation was simple and can keep all stock pieces in place including barend weights and stock bolts grommet etc... I didn't have to molest a thang.

I did have to make a small rubber washer for the throttle side to create a small gap for throttle use.

So far no vibration or shakes when going hard or at idle and stay afixed when final placement is desired. no issues to note after 100 miles

I love them and were like 30 bucks. Go buy them!!!

Last edited:

9 Lives

Just got mine today and ordered it last Wednesday so like 4-5 business days. I got it installed and took her out for a bit . Pipe sounds awesome!!!! and is worth every penny.

Pros:
1: Looks
2: Sounds
3:Quality is actually very good on pipe and midpipe.
4: They gave me a free danmoto shirt which is cool and it looks cool too.

Here are my gripes about the install process.
1: The Carbon Fiber has a clear coat on it ad easily scratches from the bracket used to install.
2: The brace/clamp they provide for the midpipe attachment is like a brass colored whatever.
- Doesn't match the midpipe or provided bracket for pipe!!!? dont know why it couldn't just be steel.
- Broke the nut used to tighten it down. its shitty sheet metal.
3: The bracket they give you to hang it is a sheet like metal too and easily bends out of shape and leaves some gaps around the pipe
- The rubber they provide to go on the backside should be easier to fasten or come glued. That shit kept falling off when trying to get placement.
4: Have to remove the stock mount for the exhaust and use the open threads in the rear set to attach the bracket.
- This isnt really a problem but I cant ever remove both rear sets unless i get a one sided bracket and that looks unbalanced. (just a symmetry thing here lol)

I have the same pipe but never had any problems with the install, just got a shorter bolt and it was on in just a few minutes. Everything on mine is the same color stainless steel no brass looking parts. Maybe Its just me but this pipe is LOUD, I had to order the baffle to make it at least bearable. Oh well at least it doesn't sound like my Honda civic anymore.

Last edited: