Weekend of fun and mods

Fz2fast4u

Hey guys had a productive weekend. Finished installing my bar end mirrors, new front turn signals and completed my full akra exhaust with pc5.

Bike looks and feels awesome. The full exhaust and pc5 we do a great job of enhancing the bikes power and it sounds sick.

The acceleration really puts a smile on my face and there are zero dips in power.

Speedo007

Lookin good! Let us know how clean the Akra headers stay overtime, or if they get spot discoloration like the stock ones.

Fz2fast4u

Thanks. I will let you know. It has about 100 miles on it do far so good. But I would love eventually to have it coated like yours

D

Deleted member 438

Hey guys had a productive weekend. Finished installing my bar end mirrors, new front turn signals and completed my full akra exhaust with pc5.

Bike looks and feels awesome. The full exhaust and pc5 we do a great job of enhancing the bikes power and it sounds sick.

The acceleration really puts a smile on my face and there are zero dips in power.

Graves just came out with a new full system. Graves Motorsports Yamaha FZ8 Full Stainless Steel Exhaust System
I'm happy to see that our torque curve is less lumpy.

D

Deleted member 438

Here's my Arrow header with Akra slip on.

Fz2fast4u, you just taught me I can easily post pics with this tapatalk app.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fz2fast4u

That looks pretty good. I think all these full exhaust are going to be very similar as far as performance goes. But the powerband now is smooth but just pulls hard from idle to redline with no flat spots def the way the bike should have come I highly recommend it. I guess now the only way to boost more power would have to be done internally and at this point I don't see the need nor any products available.

Fz2fast4u

Lol glad I could help doom. That looks good. I will have to do a close up of the my headers but I think it looks identical. Also what brand radiator guard is that?

D

Deleted member 438

The radiator guard is the Yamaha catalog option; I picked it up when I bought the bike.

Ott

Here's my Arrow header with Akra slip on.

Fz2fast4u, you just taught me I can easily post pics with this tapatalk app.

I like the way the header pipes are tucked against the engine. I'm not a fan of the way the standard pipes jut forward.

Last edited:

hypo

I like the way the header pipes are tucked against the engine. I'm not a fan of the way the standard pipes jut forward.

TOTALLY different look! I kinda liked the stock "crossed leg" look of the headers, but that tight body look is interesting.

how is clearance for changing the oil? and pulling the oil filter?

D

Deleted member 438

TOTALLY different look! I kinda liked the stock "crossed leg" look of the headers, but that tight body look is interesting.

how is clearance for changing the oil? and pulling the oil filter?

Changing the oil went fine. At first I thought I would have to take the header apart, but that wasn't the case.

H

Hoover

I do like that curve. How much do you think is the header and how much the PCV?
Would be great to see a full set of charts, starting with stock, then can only, then headers, then can and PCV then full system + PCV.

I am really on the fence with regards to a PCV. I'm not broke, cheap or shy of spending money on my bike, just nor so sure that the flat spot is bad enough to spend that kind of money.

When I get on it hard, I get past it so fast I barely notice it. I shift clutchless way up by the red line so the rpm's never drop enough. When I am just riding normally, I don't really give a crap that power slips a tiny bit.

I am planning on a dyno run in the spring, it will be interesting to see what shows. I am running a Yosh can and K&N.

D

Deleted member 438

Here are the maps I used to compare the header to a stock bike.

We'll have to go for a ride soon and you'll be able to check it out. It feels like a different bike now.

H

Hoover

I have bought stuff from Solo before. Good people.
With regard to the graphs, I want to see it for 1 bike. I dont think using a magazine's graph is an acurate enough comparison. There can be a 5hp difference between two identical bikes.
I will take my stock can and air filter with me when I do my dyno pull this spring. I want to see what every mod does to the smoothness of the curve and the peak.

D

Deleted member 438

I was just trying to show how the power band smoothed out. It would be good to see someone doing Dyno runs with the progression of mods. That's a lot of dough though.

H

Hoover

For sure, I get what you were showing. One of my riding/building friends has a dyno at his shop. If I do all the work between pulls, he will let me do as many as I can during the session.

I will be down your way often this year, lets plan a ride so we can compare.
I do like the snug look of those headers.

D

Deleted member 438

For sure, I get what you were showing. One of my riding/building friends has a dyno at his shop. If I do all the work between pulls, he will let me do as many as I can during the session.

I will be down your way often this year, lets plan a ride so we can compare.
I do like the snug look of those headers.

Sounds good, I also wouldn't mind checking out the roads by you. You can also borrow my stock header with the gutted cat to see if that has any considerable effect on power.

H

Hoover

Sounds good, I also wouldn't mind checking out the roads by you. You can also borrow my stock header with the gutted cat to see if that has any considerable effect on power.

Come up for the Slimey Crud. There is a huge Illinois group that comes up. First Sunday in May. If you Google it, you may or may not have any luck. It has always been a very "underground" ride. If you think 2000 or so bikes is "underground"!!!!

D

Deleted member 438

That sounds awesome, but I'll be in Vegas that weekend. Hopefully I can do the fall run.