Vortex Rearsets

Lee_533

Ok guys. I installed my Vortex Rearsets and I have to say, AMAZING!!! These things are a must! Shifting is unbelievably smoother, Reverse shifting feels just right, and the pegs are so aggressive! There is no way your feet are coming off the pegs unless you want them to lol. Plus they look amazing. I set mine all the way up and all the way back. I need my feet away from the ground. My stock pegs are ground down like no other. I'm telling you guys, You need to get these rearsets!

S

Shock

Damn nice price on those rear sets I was looking at some Rizuma but with Tuna having these for sale maybe these are what the doc ordered

Lee_533

Nice! Did you remove the light switch for the rear break all together?

Ya I did. I never use the rear brake so I don't see the point in keeping the switch. The connector is under the tank, I just disconnected it and called it good.

SpunkyTheTuna

Looking for $250 for them, shipped. Or, as they say, make a serious offer. They're not doing anything for anybody sitting in my garage.

W

WARPTH

Ya I did. I never use the rear brake so I don't see the point in keeping the switch. The connector is under the tank, I just disconnected it and called it good.

not to offend but im a little confused?
you write in another post how you love track days and spend alot of time reading and getting coached about how to improve your riding yet you write here you never use the rear brake?
trail braking is a very big part of track riding.
or do the coaches in the states teach a very different way? *thinks of ben spies compared to mick doohan and casey stoner*

C

calscrazy

all the trackdays i have been to they teach it. ridesmart, ams, lonestar trackdays all teach trail braking.

Lee_533

I'm saying on the street. I don't see the need for the rear brake switch when I ride around town because 1: I don't use it, and 2: I always use the front brake which activates the brake like, so I don't see the point in having a rear brake switch.

Guillaume

I'm not experienced enough to throw my 2-cents on the track vs. street rear brake use (I still need to make it to the track one day). But I do use the rear brake every so often and I like to flash the brake light when typical LA drivers tailgate you; which I do both with the rear and front brake. I also use it stopped at a light, keep my foot on the brake if I don't use my hands.
Anyhow, they make [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Tek-Brake-Pressure-Switch-Rearsets/dp/B000GTU3J8/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354118273&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=rear+brake+motorcycle+pressure+screw"]rear brake light pressure switches[/ame] (link to Amazon) that I might look into.

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
I installed the same set a few moths ago and I would have to say that it is a fantastic mod. I dig the adjustability and having the pegs higher gave me much greater confidence in the bike. I hate scraping pegs and it seemed to happen a lot on the FZ with the stockers. Well worth it!!!

Lee_533

I know they make the switches, I just don't need it. And yes, these rearsets should never scrape the ground lol. My stock ones were ground down so much, the rubber was getting torn up.

C

Camo

Got a few pics of them? I had to take the feelers off but figured the lower cowling would scrape before the rubber on the Oem pegs

Mansack

Doesn't trail braking only involve the front brake? The only thing I can think of to use the rear brake at the track would be breaking traction on the rear tire and drifting through a turn (no thanks, by the way). I tend to follow the whole "brake before the turn, throttle through it" myself.