Visual differences between Arrow & Akra headers AND ease of filter removal

Ready4Launch

Anyone have any pictures for the before & after for the Arrow and Akra header swap? I'm actually more interested in photos for the Akra header since I think I've seen some for the Arrow.

Also, with either of these, do you have any problems with oil filter removal? I'm pretty sure that I saw a thread somewhere (maybe another forum) in which the person said they thought they were going to have trouble with the oil filter removal but didn't. I just want to confirm that.

Umyaya

You should just gut the cat. Full headers aren't worth it for the money. Use the money for the headers to upgrade suspension and get a proper tune.

Bagman

You should just gut the cat. Full headers aren't worth it for the money. Use the money for the headers to upgrade suspension and get a proper tune.

My thoughts exactly. Suspension and/or ECU - way better than headers... and I have neither! lol.

Blackfin

Anyone have any pictures for the before & after for the Arrow and Akra header swap? I'm actually more interested in photos for the Akra header since I think I've seen some for the Arrow.

Also, with either of these, do you have any problems with oil filter removal? I'm pretty sure that I saw a thread somewhere (maybe another forum) in which the person said they thought they were going to have trouble with the oil filter removal but didn't. I just want to confirm that.

I just installed a set of Akrapovic headers on mine:

Before (stock):

After:

Flanges:

Downpipes:

Fit was perfect and there's tons of room to access the oil filter.

FWIW, gutting the OE cat is an option but I personally wouldn't consider it. A replacement OE pipe (39P-14610-00-00) is in the $700 range. IMO, you'll regret making the irreversible mod of gutting the cat instead of taking it off the bike and saving it, installing proper headers like the Arrows or Akra and having the OE pipe to revert to if you need to for emissions or inspection or if you want to put the bike back to stock to sell it. By doing that, you can also re-sell the headers and get some of your money back.

Ready4Launch

You want to see the oil filter access? I don't have one handy but can snap one this evening.

I am curious about the filter access, but more wanting to know better how tight the headers are to the front and bottom? What's that space like? From the pic below, which I believe to are Arrow headers, I think they're pretty tight to the engine body, and I like that look. Just wondering if Akra's are the same or stick out a bit more.

4ccb04c9-e836-1334.jpg

Blackfin

I am curious about the filter access, but more wanting to know better how tight the headers are to the front and bottom? What's that space like? From the pic below, which I believe to are Arrow headers, I think they're pretty tight to the engine body, and I like that look. Just wondering if Akra's are the same or stick out a bit more.

View attachment 5530

I'll grab a selection of pics from different angles when I get a chance showing every angle I can.

The Akras look like they stay forward a little more than the Arrows (which look nice, BTW).

Blackfin

Here's a few more shots:

- front of the engine, filter access:

- underside:

- underside, looking forward; O2 sensor, centre stand etc:

Ready4Launch

Just FYI motostarz had them for 560 with free shipping. I ordered about a week ago. They are however on back order and are estimated to ship any day now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah -- I've seen that for about a week now. I'm purchasing right now.

Please post a photo when you get'em built.

Keach

Yeah -- I've seen that for about a week now. I'm purchasing right now.

Please post a photo when you get'em built.

Will do but might take a while. When I get them I'm having them ceramic coated black. Have to find out from the guy painting them if he wants them assembled or in pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk