Vinyl Wrap Color Change

MikeC

Weekend Rider
UPDATE:

Wasn't sure if i mentioned that I didn't use a heat gun last time, but not having a heat gun resulted in some really terrible seams and poor wrapping quality. Well this time, I not only had a heat gun, but also had a MUCH prettier vinyl! Instead of normal gloss white, I changed to a satin pearl white, and Oh boy I'm lovin' it. Here are the pictures!

master paper clip

He'll yes, now I seriously miss my white Plasti dip paint job, really gotta stop being lazy and get on that, keep up updated on how it hold up, be very interested in this route since it would be easier to keep lookin pretty

MikeC

Weekend Rider
He'll yes, now I seriously miss my white Plasti dip paint job, really gotta stop being lazy and get on that, keep up updated on how it hold up, be very interested in this route since it would be easier to keep lookin pretty

White definitely does make the bike "pop" to me. But yeah, the cowls that i had wrapped held up VERY well, rock chips weren't even an issue because the overlaminate is built into this vinyl. It costs exactly $50 bucks to wrap the whole bike. Even less if you don't have cowls.

Where did you learn to do the wrapping? You tube or some where else.

Yep, just trial and error. You can watch as much youtube as you want, but after the 2nd time you'll have a pretty good idea of how to work with the vinyl. Believe or not, with a heat gun, it can be VERY compliant, the difficult part is wrapping with a plan so you don't work yourself into a crease.