Vibrations everywhere on the bike?

hevi19

Hi,

I'm now at 8000km on my fz8, but since 2000km i got a new vibration everywhere on the bike... handgrip, pegs, tank, seat.. everywhere i touch finally... I bring the bike to the garage, but they are not able to find the problem...

The problem is present only when i put gaz... if i clutch on the highway, it stop.. It begin around 3000k rpm and never end... after!

If someone know what this could be, i will appreciate! Because now, i can't drive my bike more than 30 minute without i have some "pain" in my hand!

Thank you for your answer and sorry if my english is not well, i'm a french guy!

9 Lives

Did they check all the engine mounts for tightness? I would think they did, but I would check just in case.

Not sure how bad the vibration is, but a little vibration is normal. The engine is bolted directly to the frame with no rubber so your going to get some vibration no matter what you do.

Stumpy

My hands go numb after half an hour as well, I'm going to try risers to take a bit off pressure off hands, let us know if you sort anything:)

Darksabre

Yep, same problem here. Starts around 4k for me and stops around 6k, which is unfortunate, because that's where I usually keep my RPM's...

I've sync'd my throttle bodies using a Morgan Carbtune Pro, and they're dead-on exact according to the tool.

Derek662

I would look at your back motor mount bolts there's one near the seat and another down toward the foot peg. Take the nut off an see if the adjuster is all the way out. You should be able to get it and turn it with a screw driver. If they come loose just a little it will vibrate like crazy