Very weird...have you ever had it happen to you?

b-eock

lmao B-eock...I've got nothing...you're right

I was just trying to make a joke. Was not meant to offend you. I'm not in the best state right now, mentally and emotionally that is. Can't seem to be happy. Being on my bike clears my mind, but only when I am pushing it and concentrating on my driving. But we'll leave that alone. I don't like talking about things...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

cambo

Avid Rider
I was just trying to make a joke. Was not meant to offend you. I'm not in the best state right now, mentally and emotionally that is. Can't seem to be happy. Being on my bike clears my mind, but only when I am pushing it and concentrating on my driving. But we'll leave that alone. I don't like talking about things...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

haha not offended at all brosef! It cracked me up! I totally understand, times are tough these days for everyone it seems...and an unemployed wife and two kids doesn't help with the stress! haha, Thank God for the motorcycle to free the mind. You are the stuntin' master, keep those bad ass videos coming...but be safe! haha

But on the topic of chicken strips...I parked next to this ducati monster at work today and I swear he had ZERO chicken strips. Not 1 cm, not 1 mm...zero. And so I rolled my bike farther away and hid it. haha, "measuring contest" takes on a whole new meaning with bikes lol!

DanS

Commuter
Hey cambo, I agree with socal and alexk. I've been looking at the wiring diagrams, there is a ton of sh*t that can kill the engine but to make the entire bike go dead I can't see much that could cause that. I would do like socal said and check the battery connections and frame ground and if that's all good then check the main switch connector. If you don't find any problems and it happens again I would look into replacing the main switch

cambo

Avid Rider
Hey cambo, I agree with socal and alexk. I've been looking at the wiring diagrams, there is a ton of sh*t that can kill the engine but to make the entire bike go dead I can't see much that could cause that. I would do like socal said and check the battery connections and frame ground and if that's all good then check the main switch connector. If you don't find any problems and it happens again I would look into replacing the main switch

Really appreciate the inputs Dans...and everyone else too, Ill scope out the battery tomorrow morning when I get off of work. I've been trying to recreate the incident but nothing yet. We'll see...

Harrywz

Really appreciate the inputs Dans...and everyone else too, Ill scope out the battery tomorrow morning when I get off of work. I've been trying to recreate the incident but nothing yet. We'll see...

One thing, is your time and tripmeter reading intact? I don't know if you can momentarily remove power without resetting these. Check to make sure battery connections are tight ( I think a few others have mentioned that) and check main fuse, #5 on wiring diagram for loose fit. If its tight, I would replace it just to make sure. I seem to recall some of the Yamaha's from the 80's had a problem with the start switch that caused a no power failure and the switches needed cleaning/replacement. Using a contact cleaner sprayed into switch worked. WD40 will work for a bit but you need something with a lubricant like silicon.

thach1130

Holy crap Cambo, I just had a similar incident as you did, freaked the crap out of me. I was on Rt50 toward annapolis when i was fiddling with the cruise control thing on the right hand. I used my left hand to press down the little handle thing. I was doing 75-80 at 6th gear and the power cut out. The bike lurched forward and immediately i thought of this post about you LOL. I was thinking in my head "shit don't let this happen to me, I don't want to have to call a tow truck. I was on the HOV lane. Managed to pull over and perform the whole start up routine again, i was so happy when it started, but as i ride on I start remembering what i was doing before it cut out and it dawned on me i might have tapped the kill switch with my left hand LOL. Funny thing was i actually tried the whole attempting to bump start it while coasting down by shifting to lower gear and let off the clutch, but yeah, the kill switch was probably off so i got nothing.