Vapor Locking???

Lee_533

Hey guys, I need some input. My bike has been having hard-starts after it's warmed up. I took it to the dealer and he said that it sounds like it's vapor locking (already kind of figured that though). He said that it's normal for the newer fuel injected bikes to vapor lock on warm days and after the bike is hot. Problem is why did it just now start doing it? I started having the issue around 2500 miles I think. Once it's started it runs perfect but when it doesn't want to start, it really doesn't want to start. I have to hold the ignition down and give the throttle a twist and it will sputter to a start, then it's fine. The dealer said he will check with his rep. to make sure but he said that it's sounds fine. Is anyone else having this problem? I want to make sure it's not just me. BTW, it's usually when my bike is around 180 degrees and up (normal) and one a warm to hot day.

the borg

If it is truly vapor locking then you have a clogged tank vent. The dealer is an idiot because it is not normal.

Mrpacis

Hey guys, I need some input. My bike has been having hard-starts after it's warmed up. I took it to the dealer and he said that it sounds like it's vapor locking (already kind of figured that though). He said that it's normal for the newer fuel injected bikes to vapor lock on warm days and after the bike is hot. Problem is why did it just now start doing it? I started having the issue around 2500 miles I think. Once it's started it runs perfect but when it doesn't want to start, it really doesn't want to start. I have to hold the ignition down and give the throttle a twist and it will sputter to a start, then it's fine. The dealer said he will check with his rep. to make sure but he said that it's sounds fine. Is anyone else having this problem? I want to make sure it's not just me. BTW, it's usually when my bike is around 180 degrees and up (normal) and one a warm to hot day.

Holy crap I have the same
Problem. When it's really hot and I try to start it it won't start. Same situation with yours. I'm gonna check with my dealer

marko

It is not vapor lock. One of the great benefits of fuel injection is that it eliminates vapor lock due to the fuel being under high pressire which will push through any vapor that is formed after a hot soak.....the dealer is wrong.

Mrpacis

It is not vapor lock. One of the great benefits of fuel injection is that it eliminates vapor lock due to the fuel being under high pressire which will push through any vapor that is formed after a hot soak.....the dealer is wrong.
I was waiting fOr what else you would say. It's not vapor lock it might be?