Valve Clearance Check, NY/NJ/CT Anyone recommend a shop or dealer?

FZ8Panda

What's good fellow FZ8 owners!? I'm right at the mark for a valve clearance check and was wondering if anyone in the NY/NJ/CT area could recommend a Yamaha dealer or a shop that would do a professional job. I bought mine at a dealer in Long Island, NY and they were fairly reluctant to do the job citing it would cost too much. Bunch of BS imo. I just think they don't have a Yamaha certified tech. Anyway, I'm at a dilemma and in need of a reputable shop who can do the valve clearance check. If anyone can help and recommend a shop/dealer, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, how much would this usually cost? I'm guessing around $800 or above with the rates they charge here in NY. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, didn't know where else to put it.

What's good fellow FZ8 owners!? I'm right at the mark for a valve clearance check and was wondering if anyone in the NY/NJ/CT area could recommend a Yamaha dealer or a shop that would do a professional job. I bought mine at a dealer in Long Island, NY and they were fairly reluctant to do the job citing it would cost too much. Bunch of BS imo. I just think they don't have a Yamaha certified tech. Anyway, I'm at a dilemma and in need of a reputable shop who can do the valve clearance check. If anyone can help and recommend a shop/dealer, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, how much would this usually cost? I'm guessing around $800 or above with the rates they charge here in NY. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, didn't know where else to put it.

It's not to difficult a job. To check the clearance at least. If you do need to shim it will get difficult if you don't have experience. But still never the less you can save yourself some decent cash.

HeresMyMind

New England Cycle Center, in Hartford, CT. They are awesome people there, and 1 of the few places I would trust work on my bike if I can't do it. Libby's in New Haven CT has an awful track record with service, so stay clear of there.

-B