V&H Urban Brawler

onesonofamitch

So I saw the Vance and Hines CS One Urban Brawler Black and pretty much new that I would like it. The problem is, it's not made for the FZ8. That did little to stop me though and after some slight modifications I got everything to fit, even the hanger. Let me know what you guys think.

and I'm not sure why the above pictures aren't showing up

b-eock

Looks very similar to the danmoto XG-1. Shorter pipe length and wider diameter though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

FZ8Ryder

That's awesome! I'm so glad someone put this exhaust on the FZ8. I thought it would look awesome when I first saw it. Must hear what it sounds like. I bet with a baffle it would be fantastic.

onesonofamitch

That's awesome! I'm so glad someone put this exhaust on the FZ8. I thought it would look awesome when I first saw it. Must hear what it sounds like. I bet with a baffle it would be fantastic.

I'm currently in the process of taking a universal fit baffle and modifying it to fit with this particular exhaust. Vance and Hines makes a baffle but from all the reviews i've read, it doesn't really do much to temper the sound. I'll try to get a video up when I have it all put together.

07cobaltLScoupe

yea it looks real similar to the XG-1 in a more compact size. personally i love the sound of my XG-1 (and this is probably around the same sound), yes it is loud and yes it can get annoying on the highway for long periods of time, but it gives a very distinct and aggressive sound that no other bike has around here.

Raskassa

So I saw the Vance and Hines CS One Urban Brawler Black and pretty much new that I would like it. The problem is, it's not made for the FZ8. That did little to stop me though and after some slight modifications I got everything to fit, even the hanger. Let me know what you guys think.

and I'm not sure why the above pictures aren't showing up

Looks great! What modifications did you have to make to get it to fit?

schmittz

So to put it simply, danmoto xg1+ hack saw+black high heat spray paint=v+h urban brawler for a lot less cash?

Raskassa

I thought about that too, but I'm still curious about what he had to do to get it to fit.
I'll probably end up doing that, I'm on a tight budget!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

onesonofamitch

I thought about that too, but I'm still curious about what he had to do to get it to fit.
I'll probably end up doing that, I'm on a tight budget!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sorry this took so long to answer... I chopped off the end and welded on a bigger one. Kind of a pain in the ass, but if have the facilities... imo its worth it. I've also modified some baffles for a harley to fit in the pipes to kind of squelch the noise a little.

badgerbrraaap

Where did you find that passenger seat bag? Most of the bags I've seen in stores were tank bags. I'm looking for something to keep work stuff or a 6 pack in occasionally

onesonofamitch

Where did you find that passenger seat bag? Most of the bags I've seen in stores were tank bags. I'm looking for something to keep work stuff or a 6 pack in occasionally

Its the Kriega US 20. I did quite a bit of research and found that this checked all my boxes. 1) easy on/off 2) totally waterproof 3) expandable/ compact. And you can add bags to hook on to it for more carrying capacity. The only hurdle is price... not the cheapest thing on the market. But it sure does look good and has fantastic build quality.

Kriega US-20 Drypack - RevZilla