Upgrading my brakes

ComanDo

Hey guys

I run a 2012 fz8 and i'm looking to get a bit more bite out of the front brakes. What would you recomend ? Changing brake fluid? Changing discs ? Stainless still lines ?

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is on my winter mod list... Im thinking just stainless steel lines and fresh fluid to keep it reasonably priced. Im interested to see what others have done...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bagman

I suppose switching out the lines would help with a more linear pull, but I'd also be mindful of the suspension and front end dive with stronger brakes.

ComanDo

Thanks guys
Any recommendations for brake lines brand ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

9 Lives

EBC double-H sintered brake pads and spiegler brake lines on the front. OEM on the rear are good enough. The pads will make the most difference

myklobe

EBC double-H sintered brake pads and spiegler brake lines on the front. OEM on the rear are good enough. The pads will make the most difference

Have you noticed any excessive wear using the sintered pads? I just ordered some semis today because I've always read about all the excessive heat/possible rotor damage the sintered could cause. I don't brake super hard; I just commute with my bike. When I ride hard, I **typically** don't have to come to an abrupt stop, so organics / semis seem to work fine for me. More curious than anything. I know if you are going for stopping power, sintered is the solid option.

9 Lives

Have you noticed any excessive wear using the sintered pads? I just ordered some semis today because I've always read about all the excessive heat/possible rotor damage the sintered could cause. I don't brake super hard; I just commute with my bike. When I ride hard, I **typically** don't have to come to an abrupt stop, so organics / semis seem to work fine for me. More curious than anything. I know if you are going for stopping power, sintered is the solid option.

No abnormal wear or disc damage, no different than stock except they bite a bit harder. If your happy with the stock braking power I would just stick with stock pads.

Mikz86ta

Previous owner did some type replacement lines. OD is smaller and they look well made. I did EBC HH. Got a thousand miles or so and no abnormal wear. Took a bit to get them properly seated.....they had some initial low speed and low brake input noise. The initial bite was not crazy different. But after some miles, they have seated well and my front brake bite if definitely noticeable.
I was contemplating a higher grade fluid, but a guy who knows alot steered me clear of wasting money. I did a full flush and refill with some quality fluid.
Been contemplating doing a Brembo radial master with external resivoir.....but can't justify cost right now.

I plan on doing rear pads soon as well but they look good for now