Updated Mods pics!!!

n8kdfz8

Well I finally got the Two brothers Exhaust "Black Series" and I love it! Also installed "ASV" F3 clutch and brake levers a couple weeks ago. And today I just purchased and installed the front "BikeMaster" Spike LED's with Resistors. I relocated them a little higher to be different.

Here's a Pic of group I rode with month ago At "The Snake".

And Yes I did replace the damaged license plate:D.

Hope you like my progress!

FZ8Panda

Looks good! :) I would cover up the holes where the oem blinkers were though. Looks kinda odd with a hole there now. lol. Need some vid clips of the new blinkers and exhaust! Your setup looks nice and clean. :tup:

decooney

n8kdfz8,

Nice! Hey, when you added the new (slip-on muffler or full exhaust - can't see?), did you add a power commander/ECU change with it? If not, I'm very interested to hear how the bike performs without it so far?

Last edited:

n8kdfz8

n8kdfz8,

Nice! Hey, when you added the new (slip-on muffler or full exhaust - can't see?), did you add a power commander/ECU change with it? If not, I'm very interested to hear how the bike performs without it so far?

thx, i just added the slip on with no PC or ECU. bike runs great. didnt notice much change low end. i can feel just a tad bit more pull when reach higher rpms. but nothin crazy different otherwise. I dont think im going to do pc yet/or at all because the bike performs great for the streets as it is(if i was on track or something i might consider pc). only obvious change was exhaust tone now sounds perfectly deep and throaty which makes it definelty more pleasurable to ride.

HAHA NO!!!

thx, i just added the slip on with no PC or ECU. bike runs great. didnt notice much change low end. i can feel just a tad bit more pull when reach higher rpms. but nothin crazy different otherwise. I dont think im going to do pc yet/or at all because the bike performs great for the streets as it is(if i was on track or something i might consider pc). only obvious change was exhaust tone now sounds perfectly deep and throaty which makes it definelty more pleasurable to ride.

I had to put a Juicebox pro because it started to run lean and smoke. Temp was getting high and pipes were turning blue. I took it to the dealer and they said the same thing. So when I added the JBP, everything stopped.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

decooney

That's good news. Thanks for sharing the details. My V&H slip-on muffler should be here next week and I've been contemplating waiting until I do a Power Commander first. I've now decided I'll try it without and check some before/after temps with a heat gun. After doing a ton of reference research checking with a variety of sources (multiple dealer/service techs, manufacturer and exhaust engineers) MOST indicate you "can get by" with a slip-on only on the FZ8 IF you don't touch or remove the cat, and don't do the air box mods. After that, its too lean for sure. Most I spoke with indicated the PC/ECU mod is preferred even with a stock bike if you want it to run at its best making corrections from idle through the power band. We'll see. I'm curious to see the before and after results in steps to see if there is any improvement at all in how the bike runs and behaves. There are some confusing PowerCommander Dyno sheets floating around, so I plan to dyno my bike at some point to see how far off it is once the exhaust and PC unit is installed.

n8kdfz8

" I had to put a Juicebox pro because it started to run lean and smoke. Temp was getting high and pipes were turning blue. I took it to the dealer and they said the same thing. So when I added the JBP, everything stopped. "

@ HAHA NO!! that's weird. lean and smoke? how long after did this start happening? did u do any other mods like air box mod, gutted CAT or something. right now bike is "technically" still stock other than the slip on. I have been watching the bike for any significant changes but no smoking let alone blue pipes. U r talking about headers turning blue right? My engine temps still average the same 168-180F gets in 190F+ in traffic. The Two Bros Carbon Fiber is still cool to touch by bare hand when engine off and even durning idle after bike has been ridin. Well thx for head up.

decooney

n8kdfz8,

if I had to guess, I think Camo is referring to the mounting location of the blinkers on the FZ-09 as compared to the FZ8. The blinkers on the FZ09 are mounted up high like you have your new/smaller ones mounted.

FZ09:

FZ8canuk

" I had to put a Juicebox pro because it started to run lean and smoke. Temp was getting high and pipes were turning blue. I took it to the dealer and they said the same thing. So when I added the JBP, everything stopped. "

@ HAHA NO!! that's weird. lean and smoke? how long after did this start happening? did u do any other mods like air box mod, gutted CAT or something. right now bike is "technically" still stock other than the slip on. I have been watching the bike for any significant changes but no smoking let alone blue pipes. U r talking about headers turning blue right? My engine temps still average the same 168-180F gets in 190F+ in traffic. The Two Bros Carbon Fiber is still cool to touch by bare hand when engine off and even durning idle after bike has been ridin. Well thx for head up.

Same thing here After my V&H install I had the same issues so I put a Bazzaz unit on and had it Dino tuned and holy shit what a difference. it really woke the bike up and the flat spot at 4k to 6k is all but gone I think its the best mod you can do and I will for sure be doing it to any bike I get in the future.

mckshred

When I installed my 2 Bros Carbon Pipe with no other mods, I noticed the increased back firing / popping on downshifts and throttle roll-offs. It also felt much more 'jerky' on the throttle response. Thankfully, the JBP resolved all of that and improved performance!

decooney

Same thing here After my V&H install I had the same issues so I put a Bazzaz unit on and had it Dino tuned and holy shit what a difference. it really woke the bike up and the flat spot at 4k to 6k is all but gone I think its the best mod you can do and I will for sure be doing it to any bike I get in the future.

FZ8canuk,
If you have the V&H exhaust slip-on now, looks like I might be in the same situation you were in when I get my V&H slip on next week. I was looking to see if Bazzaz offered more than one map for the FZ8, but only found one file. Does it come with different maps for with/without cat and with/without airbox mods or what do they offer? Did you do the airbox mod and punch out the cat before you installed your V&H slip-on? Essentially, I'm asking what trigged you to go with the Bizzaz, etc? I'm trying to figure out if I'll go with the PCV or something else after learning what you guys are doing and seeing who is having the most luck with these EFI add-on controller modules.

Last edited:

FZ8canuk

FZ8canuk,
If you have the V&H exhaust slip-on now, looks like I might be in the same situation you were in when I get my V&H slip on next week. I was looking to see if Bazzaz offered more than one map for the FZ8, but only found one file. Does it come with different maps for with/without cat and with/without airbox mods or what do they offer? Did you do the airbox mod and punch out the cat before you installed your V&H slip-on? Essentially, I'm asking what trigged you to go with the Bizzaz, etc? I'm trying to figure out if I'll go with the PCV or something else after learning what you guys are doing and seeing who is having the most luck with these EFI add-on controller modules.

I put the V&H on last season and do not have any other power mods, when I had the bike in at the start of this season to have the oil done etc. my mechanic told me the bike was running lean and I could see the pipes were turning blue. I went with the Bizzaz because my mechanic recommended it said its the best unit out there and the software is really good and simple to use. The unit comes with two maps one for the FZ8 and one for the FZ1 so we hooked up the unit and installed the FZ8 base map I did not notice any difference in the performance of the bike until we put it on the Dino now the bike is amazing no flat spot and 106 HP at the wheel. You might be ok with just the slip on you will need to throw it on and see what you get, lots of guys install a slip on with on issues. But IMHO if you want your bike to really come alive throw it on a Dino.

decooney

FZ8canuk,
Thanks for the detail... I spoke to an engineer today at Dynojet. He said the Calif bikes are pretty lean, as close as they can get them to 14.624:1 AFR for emission purposes and and just a tad leaner over that. Argh. I don't race this bike, but don't want it to run on the edge either. I'd be very interested in looking at your dyno sheet with the before/after results if you have it. I realized your bike is a Canadian bike and I'm not sure if you have different emissions tham a Calif bike. If your bike was lean with Candian emissions, I wonder if mine will be leaner even with the cat in and stock air filter. It its is more dry and not so cool where I live so I don't have any idea what the stock computer will do. Your suggestion is right, I just need to dyno the darn thing before and after... thx.

---------------------
OP,
Hope to have some "mod" pics too in the next 30 days. I did not mean to derail this thread, but its all about mods, right? :)

Last edited:

FZ8canuk

FZ8canuk,
Thanks for the detail... I spoke to an engineer today at Dynojet. He said the Calif bikes are pretty lean, as close as they can get them to 14.624:1 AFR for emission purposes and and just a tad leaner over that. Argh. I don't race this bike, but don't want it to run on the edge either. I'd be very interested in looking at your dyno sheet with the before/after results if you have it. I realized your bike is a Canadian bike and I'm not sure if you have different emissions tham a Calif bike. If your bike was lean with Candian emissions, I wonder if mine will be leaner even with the cat in and stock air filter. It its is more dry and not so cool where I live so I don't have any idea what the stock computer will do. Your suggestion is right, I just need to dyno the darn thing before and after... thx.

---------------------
OP,
Hope to have some "mod" pics too in the next 30 days. I did not mean to derail this thread, but its all about mods, right? :)

Did not think to get a print out of the before reading but here are the final numbers its 106 at the top end of the rev range before the limiter kicks in