Unidentified connector underneath buddyseat

SilencerNL

I recently bought a very nice FZ8 Fazer, and was checking underneath the buddyseat. I found a lose cable there, neatly protected with a plastic bag. I was wondering what this cable is for...

Someone have any idea?

IMG_20150322_153736.jpg IMG_20150322_153747.jpg

ps. When I have some nice pics of the bike itself, Ill make a proper introduction :)

Sinooch

doesnt ring any bells. ill have to look under mine and see what its connect to. I dont have the fazer though but it should still be the same. ill post up later when i take a look

chronos

I dont have anything like that in mine. Funny though, the plastic clip on the frame that the seat secures into, you have a plastic insert on one side and not the other. That is how mine was (bought it used) and i figured that is why the seat had a little play in it, so I punched one out with a 3d printer and added it to the other side.

Do they all only have one insert?

And does anyone elses rear seat have a little jiggle to it? i cant help but think it should be nice and secure with no play...

Blackfin

I recently bought a very nice FZ8 Fazer, and was checking underneath the buddyseat. I found a lose cable there, neatly protected with a plastic bag. I was wondering what this cable is for...

Nothing like that in the back of my 2011 Fazer. What year is yours? I wonder if there's additional wiring back there for panniers (e.g. aux lighting, signals etc) back there on later years?

I dont have anything like that in mine. Funny though, the plastic clip on the frame that the seat secures into, you have a plastic insert on one side and not the other. That is how mine was (bought it used) and i figured that is why the seat had a little play in it, so I punched one out with a 3d printer and added it to the other side.

Do they all only have one insert?

Mine's only got one too and a little wiggle in the rear seat. Weird.

Teslank

i only have one plastic clip too , i ordered one and lost it doh lol

i dont have that connector, i understand that your fazer is brand new? then maybe it is for the ABS or the fuel canister that only california have

popeye

I got me one of them connecters! I believe Its the diagnostics plug I feed it once a week and its allways been happy living there. the only problem I ever found is the plug and play gear indecators don't fit abs models

Blackfin

So is that taped-on Saran wrap Yamaha-issue? Looks pretty cheesy for factory equipment. Would expect a proper blocking dummy plug for that.