Unable to tighten stock mirrors

Vhutchinson

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble tightening the stock mirrors, regardless of how tight the be, the is they constantly flop around at highway speed. Is there something I'm missing or are the stock mirrors as shitty as they look? Any recommendations as far as after market mirrors? Thanks boys!

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

MotoZen

I highly recommend some decent bar end mirrors. They do wonders for visibility, and in my opinion, look way better. You can get cheap ones but a lot of people complain about then having to be adjusted all the time, which is exactly what you're already trying to fix.

I also have to add, my stock mirrors never really moved when I had them on.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Bajaedition

Are you using 2 wrenches ?

After adding extenders to my mirrors so that I actually had some use of them I had to retighten them such as yo do, there are 2 nuts down there, one is a lock nut.

NoNine4me

There's nothing wrong with the stock mirrors. Yamaha still uses a reverse thread setup on the right mirror and you gotta know the technique. As Baja sez, you need two wrenches and you also need to be turning things in the right direction to snug it all up. Take it to your dealer if you need some help. Done right they will never move.

Vhutchinson

Thanks guys, I haven't been using two wrenches. I will give that a shot tonight. Appreciate the help

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk