UK FZ8 Street pack

Hereward

UK Yamaha dealers have been offering a bit of a sales incentive here in the UK called the Street pack. Picked mine up a few weeks ago and thought I'd share :)

Bike.............
UK Spec 2011 FZ8 non ABS Black

Mods...........Street pack
FZ8 Tank pad
FZ8 Fly screen
FZ8 alaminium radiator guard
FZ8 Tail tidy (moded to make it into a shorty)
LED smoked carbon mini indicators
Akrapovic Exhaust Carbon (no bafles)

Mods.............Non street pack
Alarm
Belly pan

Curently looking at..........
some custom seats
shock sock
GPS mount
cafe racer paint job or yam speed blocks....not decided yet
pegs and foot guards will also get swaped out
brake and clutch levers
bars and bar ends
black braded lines
tank side pads

.........no rush LOL, looks the dogs as is and the FZ8's a keeper :)

Last edited:

mano1192

Thats a sweet package! I would have grabbed that if it was offered in the states. But I wouldnt have had as much fun trying to decide which mods to buy :)

Hereward

It leaves you with more cash for other mods LOL Everything on there I would have done anyway, just Yam decided to give it away free with the bike :)

Hereward

OK decided I'm going to do something stupid.......I've deliberated with myself over this stupidity for quite a while now and it's definatly a bad idea, so I'm doing it ;)

FZ8 cafe racer..............think about it...........ok ok, think about it a bit more..........see, stupid but cool.

So the idea, allways wanted one, only I prefare riding than breaking down, and being on the road is definatly prefareable to being in the workshop. That idea of a cafe racer stems back from my first bikes in the early ninties (a host of 80's RD's of various dubious tuning specs) and this ultimatly brought me to buy the FZ8 after a long break from bikes, A it's a Yamaha and B it looks like a modern RD, the street fighter style of the FZ8 is a direct decendant of the cafe racer style of the 50s,60,s and 70's

So the plan. No I'm not choping the back off it and sticking a 50's tub behind the seat but I am going for a clean looking bike, minimal bling (gold usd forks and gold spot R1 calipers aside LOL) If somethings going on it then it's black, braided brake lines, braided radiator pipes..........black! Few bits of carbon thrown in to match up with the exhaust, like the indicators, and I need some heel guards and some black pegs.

mirrors are a issue, need them lower and thiner or maybe bar end mirrors but not decided on how practicle that would be. Rear seat cowl is next will probubley pick one up this weekend, just hunting through the styles at the moment.

Paint job is prety easy, cheqered center stripe or classic yamaha speed blocks.......that one might not be so simple deciding which LOL

Basicly street fighters tend to go towards the LOUD, anodised everything in a colidascope of colours, the more gourdy the better, I want to go the other way, Kit goes on only if theres a reason for it to be there, and it has to not stand out!

Last thing on the mirrors, in the UK it's legal to remove the mirrors completly and replace them with a small lcd screen and rear faceing camera.........looking into this at the moment as that would greatly clean things up at the front end!

Something similar to this but better quality and a better screen

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNJ_BNTUI84&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Backup camera on a motorcycle for a rear view. safety first‬‏[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

mano1192

nakeds are new aged cafes for sure, I love the style of old cafe's, love the tech of monsters/streetfights/naked even more. Im with you on the low profile look, Im doing th same type of ride with black mods. That LCD idea is retarted though, looks more worthless than the stock mirrors that stared at my elbows :)

Hereward

Just toying with the idea of the rear view camera, had a good look at a naked fireblade with that setup on it, worked prety well and the removal of the mirrors looked good....but how it performs in bright sunlight maybe a huge issue and also you lose the mirrors which clean things up but then you have a stonking screen on your bars to mess it all up again.........bit too much bling? If I can find the right mirrors which add to the lines of the bike then that ultimatly would be prefareable

mano1192

yah the mirror search is a hard one, I love my bar ends, but man I really liked the Rizoma circuits, they looked great just not functional enough for me. Check out the bar alternative thread for some good mirror ideas...

Gokul

UK Yamaha dealers have been offering a bit of a sales incentive here in the UK called the Street pack. Picked mine up a few weeks ago and thought I'd share :)

Bike.............
UK Spec 2011 FZ8 non ABS Black

Mods...........Street pack
FZ8 Tank pad
FZ8 Fly screen
FZ8 alaminium radiator guard
FZ8 Tail tidy (moded to make it into a shorty)
LED smoked carbon mini indicators
Akrapovic Exhaust Carbon (no bafles)

Mods.............Non street pack
Alarm
Belly pan

Curently looking at..........
some custom seats
shock sock
GPS mount
cafe racer paint job or yam speed blocks....not decided yet
pegs and foot guards will also get swaped out
brake and clutch levers
bars and bar ends
black braded lines
tank side pads

.........no rush LOL, looks the dogs as is and the FZ8's a keeper :)

How much was the showroom price? Bought the half fairing version a month ago but then there were no street package FZ8 naked.

Motogpmad

mine also came with that package. But i got , carbon indicators, tail tidy, seat cowl, akro carbon can, rad guard, fly screen, tank pad and belly pan fairings. All for £6995 on the road :)

H

Hoover

mine also came with that package. But i got , carbon indicators, tail tidy, seat cowl, akro carbon can, rad guard, fly screen, tank pad and belly pan fairings. All for £6995 on the road :)

Ummmm, that would be close to $11K with exchange rate....YIKES :eek:

I paid 11k for mine but I also had mine in 2010 and the first one in Ontario and I believe there only about 10 that came to Canada the summer of 2010

paulkemp

Reason for this is there are hundreds of 2011/2012 spec bikes left unsold.
And as there is now the new 2013 spec.
New for 2013;
1. New muffler shape adds to the visual appeal making for a more attractive design.
2. Rebound damping adjustability added to shock allows riders to adjust the machine depending on rider and passenger needs.
3. Rebound and compression damping adjustability added to forks allowing adjustability for sport touring or urban assault. ( 43mm inverted fork and a link-type Monocross shock with adjustable preload, rebound/compression damping for light and neutral handling characteristics.)
4. Dual-textured seat material is used enhancing the visual appeal of the seat style.

Just the adjustable front shocks are enough for me to at least test ride one.