uk Fz8 owner here

Fizzer8

Hi just thought I'd join in advance of picking up my new fz8 next week.

I currently own a yzfr125 which has been a lot of fun.
Just enjoying my last week on her before the brutal beauty arrives next week.

C

Camo

Good onya mate! You'll not be on your own, there's quiet a few of your fellow poms on here lol.
Welcome, look forward to a few pics once you get on it :)

Hereward

Fellow "pom" here nice step up, take it you took your DAS? You'll love the 8, easy to live with but has just the right mix of performance to put a grin on your face.

Fizzer8

thanks for the welcome

Fellow "pom" here nice step up, take it you took your DAS? You'll love the 8, easy to live with but has just the right mix of performance to put a grin on your face.

yes took the DAS, didn't think I'd pass as I've only drove geared bikes since nov 11. It was mainly safety why I chose to step up, overtaking on a 125 is just too risky:D

Another POM here guys, Daz from Leicester, had a Triumph Daytona 955i (99 model) up until April this year when I saw an advert on the t'internet for 0% finance on certain Yamaha models. Test rode a XJ600 Diversion, only really cos my local Yammy branch didnt have a FZ8 for me to test ride so had to take the XJ up to their Loughborough branch to pick up the test FZ.

Rode it back to my house via the A6, A46 and M1 and back around the south ring-road to Oadby , had a perma-grin all the way back to the dealer where I got offered a crackin' deal using my 955i as a trade-in.

As Hereward says, easy to live with but defo puts a smile on yer chops when you need it to. The bike is a tad disappointing whilst running the engine in for the first 1000 miles as you can't take it over 6000rpm. Once she's run in and had the first service ( only cost me the price of the oil ) you're in for a nice surprise around 6500rpm as the infamous Yammy powerband kicks in !!

Fizzer8 , enjoy the bike mate but be careful, she has a sting in her tail with that powerband if you're not expecting it!

RIDE SAFE GUYS ! Daz x;)

Fizzer8

Fizzer8 , enjoy the bike mate but be careful, she has a sting in her tail with that powerband if you're not expecting it!

RIDE SAFE GUYS ! Daz x;)

thanks for the tip, I'll bear that in mind.

One of the other reasons why I chose this over the R6 was ride position, I get chronic neck pain on the yzfr125, also a buzzin in my hands as I feel like the ride positon put weight on my palms. After doing my DAS on a suzuki gs500 I knew that maybe this kind of bike was a better choice. We'll see.