Ugh

mundan101

Hey Guys, new to the forum here...Picked up and '13 FZ8 last week.

Been having a blast on it so far.

Pulled into the garage and thought I had the kick stand in place but dropped the bike on the left. My left mirror is cracked and some coolant leaked on the floor. The coolant I am assuming leaked on to the floor from the bike being side ways.
I have seen any other leaks since then. Didn't notice any other damage. Bike seems to ride fine.

Any other issues to check?

Any suggestions on mirrors? I am not into the handle bar mirrors. Thinking of replacing it with something else than OEM. Cost seems to be the same.

Any suggestions out there? I've seen some with integrated LEDs.

Please let me know.

Thanks for the help!

NoNine4me

Pulled into the garage and thought I had the kick stand in place but dropped the bike on the left. My left mirror is cracked and some coolant leaked on the floor. The coolant I am assuming leaked on to the floor from the bike being side ways.
I have seen any other leaks since then. Didn't notice any other damage. Bike seems to ride fine.

Any suggestions on mirrors? I am not into the handle bar mirrors. Thinking of replacing it with something else than OEM. Cost seems to be the same.

Please let me know.

Thanks for the help!
OEM is best. Handlebar mirrors give you the best overall picture whilst allowing you to keep your eyes up, too; the biggest threat we have is other drivers so we want to keep our eyes everywhere.

DanS

Commuter

Please let me know.

Thanks for the help!
:welcome: to the forum!
That sucks about the drop but don't feel bad we've all done it or at some point will do it. If you don't already have sliders and spools I would recommend you get some ASAP! I like T-Rex sliders they stick out far enough to protect the tank, radiator and most all body and engine parts and the spools protect the swing arm.
Common left side drop issues are bent or broken clutch lever, bent shift lever, scuffed up engine case dinged tank and scuffed swing arm. I think you're ok with the coolant spill since its no longer leaking.
I hated my stock mirrors! I couldn't see past my shoulders with them. I've tried oval shaped bar end mirrors and didn't like them either. This is what I have now [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LF6EEE/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: High Quality Black Triangle Demon Blade Style CNC Machined Billet Aluminum Rearview Side Mirrors 8MM 10MM Mounting Tool Bolts For Yamaha YZF R1 R6 MT-01 MT-03 WR TDM TDR TW Fazer XJR TDM XJ XTZ V Max WR FZ1 FZ6 FZ8: Automotive[/ame] ...Not perfect but the best I've tried so far

Keach

I also have the same mirrors DanS posted and really like them. The OEM mirrors look terrible IMO. Sucks you dropped the bike but use it as an excuse to start the modding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mundan101

Great advice! Those mirrors do look good..but out of stock :(

Any other ideas?

:welcome: to the forum!
That sucks about the drop but don't feel bad we've all done it or at some point will do it. If you don't already have sliders and spools I would recommend you get some ASAP! I like T-Rex sliders they stick out far enough to protect the tank, radiator and most all body and engine parts and the spools protect the swing arm.
Common left side drop issues are bent or broken clutch lever, bent shift lever, scuffed up engine case dinged tank and scuffed swing arm. I think you're ok with the coolant spill since its no longer leaking.
I hated my stock mirrors! I couldn't see past my shoulders with them. I've tried oval shaped bar end mirrors and didn't like them either. This is what I have now Amazon.com: High Quality Black Triangle Demon Blade Style CNC Machined Billet Aluminum Rearview Side Mirrors 8MM 10MM Mounting Tool Bolts For Yamaha YZF R1 R6 MT-01 MT-03 WR TDM TDR TW Fazer XJR TDM XJ XTZ V Max WR FZ1 FZ6 FZ8: Automotive ...Not perfect but the best I've tried so far

Keach

Great advice! Those mirrors do look good..but out of stock :(

Any other ideas?

If you search in eBay or amazon for fz8 cnc mirrors, there will be more for sale of the exact same style. Cheapest I could find when I bought were 36 bucks with free shipping.

Here is a picture of my bike with themView attachment 3516

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pigdog

at least you were in the privacy of your garage. i dropped my last bike in front of god & all my neighbors. glad the bike is ok.