two bros question

Shleeve

I just installed a Two Bros. V.A.L.E. black series and installed the map for it provided on the PCV website. I am still getting a LOT of popping on decel, and after riding it a few times, when I come to a stop and turn off the bike I noticed that the exhaust has been smoking from the end and it smells almost like burning plastic or something, just an awful smell. What is causing this?

Shleeve

I just realized on the PCV site that the map I'm using says "two bros slip on stock air filter" but not "dynojet o2 optimizer installed", might it be that I'm not supposed to have the optimizer installed inline for this map? Will this affect anything?

Shleeve

Okay so after reading around at other sites I am assuming that the pipe is just smoking/making a bad smell because its brand new and its either burning off tape or something inside that was used in the making of the exhaust, or its just the smell of the new metal and it will wear off.
I do still wonder about the popping and the fuel map though, I thought the popping was supposed to be minimal with the PCV installed and mapped, but it still pops a lot.
I am also wondering about the thing with the O2 Optimizer and the maps on the PCV site, because there are seperate maps on there for "stock exhaust stock air filter" and "stock exhaust stock air filter O2 optimizer installed", so my question is am I supposed to be running this map without the O2 optimizer in?

D

Deleted member 438

The popping is probably due to the AIS. The AIS pumps air from the intake into the exhaust to burn the remaining unburned fuel. To remedy the AIS issue you can instal block off plates, or do what I did, and just plug the hose that connects it to the air box.

All the o2 optimizer does is trick the ecu into giving you a 13.6 afr in the cruising range. That's the map I used as my base map and I did notice that all numbers in the cruising range were the same, so my guess would be that it is meant to be used w/ the optimizer.

djcecil

ais is injecting air into the exhaust upstream (look behind the radiatior on top of engine, i posted pics in "smog plates" of what the system is, where as your cat is getting hot and burning up crap (emmisions to make it cleaner) novice explanation. you can just try and unplug the servo on the ais and see if you like or plug it up or install plates. i think you are just smelling the new getting cooked out of metal and packing in pipe

D

DJK1505

My pipe stunk for two days. It was horrible, but after that it went away. Have you guys noticed any difference after cleaning out your cats? I cant really see this having any major performance gains. But I could be wrong, I know i removed all the cats off my vehicles and it makes a difference, but the ones on our bikes are they really that restricting?

Shleeve

Yeah the smell is already starting to fade, I'm glad thats all it was it made me nervous :p
I ordered some smog plates, they will be ready to install when I'm back from Disneyland on the 6th.
and as far as the cat goes, I still don't see how that will improve the performance.

D

DJK1505

On your vehicle the catalytic converter is quite restrictive. Removing it, which is illegal in all states, allows your exahust to flow better. I am just not convinced that the cat's on our bikes are that restrictive. I could be very wrong, but I just dont want to go plunging around in my exhaust. I can not see it adding much power if any. Anyone who has cleaned out their cat noticed a power increase? How significant, very noticeable?

mano1192

My 2 bros vale did the same thing, if you read the sheet that came with it it states that it will burn off some of the packing as a breakin period, mine also went away after 2-3 days. I gotta upload my map, let me do that right now and Ill post it to my PC thread. I know alot of people have been PM'ing me for it, ive just been so damn busy with work, but its coming right now!

Shleeve

My 2 bros vale did the same thing, if you read the sheet that came with it it states that it will burn off some of the packing as a breakin period, mine also went away after 2-3 days. I gotta upload my map, let me do that right now and Ill post it to my PC thread. I know alot of people have been PM'ing me for it, ive just been so damn busy with work, but its coming right now!

What is the difference between your map and the one for the 2 bros that's already on the PC site?

mano1192

My map is for a two bros and K&N air intake. The one on the site is with stock air fliter. Not sure but they never got my map onto their site yet. Plus my map is bad ass!

Shleeve

Well shit I just ordered a k&n filter and smog plates so those will go on when I'm back on the 6th and them I'll use your awesome map :)

mano1192

You can have 2 guys tune the same bike and they will come out different, the reason my map came out so smooth is the head R&D research tuner from DynoJets HQ was the guy who ended up tuning my bike. I lucked out with that!

I look forward to hearing what you think once you get the map loaded up and hit the road for a few hundred miles :)