Turn signal mod

SLC FZ8

Picked up my bike a little less than a week ago and had to get rid of the stock plate mount/turn signals and I think I came up with a good solution. I saw the little slits in the rear fairing and thought that was a good place for so turn signals
View attachment 2312
So I got some LED's and slapped this together. Took some time but I think it paid off.
View attachment 2313

Last edited:

master paper clip

U know when I first got the bike me and my friend said that would look great and I planned on doing it, but got sidetracked as just bought blinkers.... Deft wish I didn't get side tracked, how bright are they out in day light and night?

SLC FZ8

U know when I first got the bike me and my friend said that would look great and I planned on doing it, but got sidetracked as just bought blinkers.... Deft wish I didn't get side tracked, how bright are they out in day light and night?

At night they're bright enough to light up the lane next to you but in the day they aren't blinding by any means. Thanks to the contrast of the shadow made by the faring they stand out enough to be noticed though. I really just think they just lack size not output.

greenturbo

Picked up my bike a little less than a week ago and had to get rid of the stock plate mount/turn signals and I think I came up with a good solution. I saw the little slits in the rear fairing and thought that was a good place for so turn signals
View attachment 2312
So I got some LED's and slapped this together. Took some time but I think it paid off.
View attachment 2313

looken good man,
I am going to do the same thing

SeñorJack

El Guapo
It is legal in the state of ca. They must be 9" apart or more in CA, I assume the law is similar or more leaneant throughout the rest of the usa

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Bajaedition

I like that
might go down to radio shack this weekend

I thought CA was 14 inches, but whatever it is I do not think you will be pulled over unless they want to hassle you.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
I like that
might go down to radio shack this weekend

I thought CA was 14 inches, but whatever it is I do not think you will be pulled over unless they want to hassle you.

I have been informed by chp several times that my integrated taillights are illegal, as they are not at least 9" apart. 9" means they can't use that as a reason to pull you over and that's a plus for me. But everyone runs integrated taillights and most seem trouble free so....

Bajaedition

I have been informed by chp several times that my integrated taillights are illegal, as they are not at least 9" apart. 9" means they can't use that as a reason to pull you over and that's a plus for me. But everyone runs integrated taillights and most seem trouble free so....

ok 9 inches, I just run the integrated sequential and don't worry about it.

jdubincali

I just went to radio shack and bought some individual ones, drilled some holes and wired in a few resistors. I'll make a build thread a tonight if that helps?

A build thread would be sweet and much appreciate!... your turn signals look the best. My coworker and I were thinking of all the mods the bike needs and this is by far the best idea.

F3NIX

Hey can you post a list of whats needed to do this conversion. It looks sick!

LEDs...Check
Resistors...Check...But what Ohm?

How is it configured?

F3NIX

Ok so where do i get the diode information? Do i neec to add the diodes to this setup or is there already a diode?

Thank you for your help in advance

thach1130

Ok so where do i get the diode information? Do i neec to add the diodes to this setup or is there already a diode?

Thank you for your help in advance

LED is the abbreviation of Light Emitting Diode. So by adding LEDs you are adding diode.

So for example. If you were to use the orange LEDs sold at this site

Forward voltage is 2 volts and continuous forward amperage is 20mA. Don't use the peak amperage. So say you wire 5 LEDs in series per side, the site suggests you use a 100 Ohms resistor wired in series with the string of 5 LEDs. The LED should be rated for 1/4W or 250milliwatt. Good luck buddy.

Primo87

Im so glad this thread was brough back Ive been wanting to do this and couldnt't find the thread. Im totally steeling the idea and putting it together tonight.

Thanks