TunerX Factory mirrors with integrated turn signals

Emohawk

Hi all. I received my new mirrors today. They're not installed yet but here are some initial pics...

Just outta the box

Brightness compared to factory tail light

Brightness compared to factory rear turn signal (a little hazy, but you get the point)

Although the stalks are shorter than stock, the mirrors will mount lower and I think will be just as wide as stock. Rear-view visibility might be fine as is, but if not I'll order some SW-Motech mirror wideners from Twisted Throttle.

The brightness certainly won't be an issue based on these comparisons. It will make a nice complement to the Protons, which although cool aren't as visible from the front as I would like.

Early days yet, but I think this will be a trick addition. I'll post more when I install them. Waiting for my Proton flush mounts before I start the install/wiring.

Kirb

Emohawk

I have a 2011 Fazer. The mounting hardware is adjustable to various widths. Should bolt right in there. I might have to drill a hole under the bracket for the wires. Haven't had the stock mirrors off yet so I don't know for sure.

Emohawk

Simple operation in fact. Remember that I have the Fazer, not the naked version of the FZ8.

Remove the inner trim/cowl and you see the two bolts circled in red. Unbolt those to remove the old mirror & bolt in the new one using the supplied bracket/bolts. Nothing to it.

Emohawk

It is a little breezy here this morning. They were reporting gusts of 130+ kph earlier. It's calmer now - only 100+! :) I haven't ventured outside to see if there's any damage yet.

D

DJK1505

My buddy has those on his R6. He has to move his arms way out to use his mirrors now. Hope you have better luck with them than he has.

Man, blinkers on bikes.... I just dont know, most people ignore car/ truck blinkers, so why would they even pay any attention to a vehicle they hardly ever see/ or even acknowledge anyway. They are a cool idea, but I have never had a single person move out of my way or give me clearence when I am flashing. But I do live in one of the heaviest traffic areas in the US. My motto, ride like a jack ass, when you piss people off they always pay attention to you, even if it is just to flip you off. I could care less if you flip me off, hell thats how I greet my friends, so thanks :D, and Im glad you were watching out for me!! LOL

DJ

Emohawk

Yeah - I`m wondering if that`s gonna be the case too. I had that problem on my Ninja 650R with the stock mirrors. The mirrors are mounted higher on a Fazer than R6 I think so I might be able to get by.

As I mentioned, if it`s a problem I`ll order a set of mirror wideners or get a local shop to fab something for me.

D

DJK1505

Yeah, hope they work for you. His blinkers def stand out from the front. He should look into those extenders. Lets see some pics when u get them installed!!

Emohawk

Well, I've struck out with the TunerX Factory mirrors. It is impossible to set these up with any hope of useful rear visibility. They do look OK, but as they are useless for rear view I won't be using them.

I don't think mirror wideners will help at all either. The problem is the stalks are bent to basically run parallel with the ground. If they had been more straight it might have worked. As is, useless.

Sadly I've struck out twice with turn signals tonight. A story for another thread...

Emohawk

I took a shot. Oh well. I'll throw them up on Kijiji locally. Might be someone out there interested in them.