trimming weight

Rhyno54

Aside from a full exhaust, tail tidy, and bar end mirrors any other tips in regards to shaving unwanted weight from the bike? not including the rider, i know that factors in to, but do engine covers, stator covers etc. like brands from R&G, aftermarket brake&clutch levers probably don't save much weight, any other suggestions, thanks for the replies

Mikz86ta

Honesty not much. Going with lightweight rims but very expensive. Battery may see 2lbs. They make damn near carbon fiber everything for it...tank front cover, upper tail, lower tail, tank side plates, heel guards, front fender, tire higher, side subframe panels, entire prices around the headlamp...etc. But how much weight savings, IDK. Cost would be pricey for all that.
Unfortunately, upgrades like R1 shock and adapter add a small amount of weight, remove AIS saves some, tail tidy saves small amount, better seat may add some ounces, adding frame sliders/etc adds a tiny bit.
It's kinda trade-off in my mind

Rhyno54

Cool thanks for the reply, trying to get this bike to a 450 lb, wet weight, the exhaust, tail tidy and bar end mirrors should knock at least 15 lbs off. Might consider a lightweight battery that will save a couple pounds along with the aftermarket engine covers from Graves and R&G.

Mikz86ta

Thought those R&G parts were just covers that go on top of the stock ones to protect....not bolt-on replacement. But I could be wrong