Tork XPro Motorcycle Helmet Speakers

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I am contemplating these. Has anyone ever used them before? I like to listen to music while riding, but after 30 minutes or so, ear buds start to hurt my ears. These apparently stick to your helmet and look to have pretty good bass response from some reviews I have read.

Here is a video of how they are installed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxDx6fM0eNA]Tork Xpro helmet speakers - YouTube[/ame]

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
Funny you mentioned these, I also listen to music on longer more boring rides. And, I was just looking in to these. Every single review I read about them was positive. If you get a set I would love to know what you think of em.

D

DJK1505

They look cool, but you are still wired in. Why not save up a little more and get a blue tooth unit like the Scala Rider or something. You can stream music, GPS, everything and not be wired in. Just a thought.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
They look cool, but you are still wired in. Why not save up a little more and get a blue tooth unit like the Scala Rider or something. You can stream music, GPS, everything and not be wired in. Just a thought.

True. Good point.

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
the ones I was looking at would replace the speakers in my current Bluetooth setup, that was the idea anyways.

trixster8

I had the Tork X2 speakers in my helmet last season. They worked pretty good, but I had to have my Iphone cranked just to hear them while riding. I had the headphone jack and wires tucked in behind my padding. I did that so if I wasn't listening to music, there weren't wires hanging out of my helmet. I'd just use the linking wires (with volume control) to run from the helmet to the pocket in my jacket. But unfortunately, by the end of last season, I started having problems with the connection and the music would cut in and out. I tried fixing them a couple times but the problem kept coming back, so I removed them. I'm sure they would've lasted longer if I found a better way to kinda mount the jack somewhere in the bottom of the helmet instead of having it pinched by the padding.

I'd still recommend them, you just have to be careful with the wires.

But if you're going to drop $80 on the Xpro's, you might want to consider bluetooth.