Top Speed Run

Gem rod

Not me. Some guy in Germany. 156mph

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wp3zYAAd1c]Yamaha FZ8 on german autobahn (156mph / 252Km/h) - YouTube[/ame]

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Wow, I hit 142. And it felt like I hit a brick wall........ Maybe he changed sprockets.....or unlocked his ecu?

b-eock

I hit 156 on my speedo once. Found out it was off by 7 MPH.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Rotaryknight

156mph is nice on a completely stock bike with no tuning.
Its probably not calibrated though. The speed gets to be 7-10mph off above 115+mph

Bajaedition

I think they say Jap bikes are notorious for the speedos to be about 5 to 7 percent off.
now, when you do land speed racing you learn that your tires are slipping a lot when you are at these speeds because of traction loss due to a lot of reasons and that speedos are accurate at around 60 mph. so give him a 10% correction factor and all is good.
But it is amazing that you have a place to do that legally. I would piss in my pants to find a road like that here.
Killer video

9 Lives

Ahhh the autobahn, you just have to love it. Notice how he rarely had to slow down because someone was hogging the passing lane, if only drivers could do that here.

F3NIX

I am so jealous! Nice video

sent from my FZ8 whike driving 100mph...using tapatalk2

cxa0897

I've seen ~140 on the dash and then it started to get a little shaky. Bike seemed to have more in it, but I have no real desire to test it. Turns are way more fun than highway runs