Top part of headlight doesn't light up?

RS1

Hello all..

New to the FZ8 and new to this forum. I have a 2012 with just over 100 miles on it, and was wondering if the headlight was supposed to light up on the 'top part'. It looks like there is something in there but it doesn't light up...

I also lost a screw that holds the front wheel cover on.. Guess I shouldn't have trusted the dealership and its BS 'preparation fees' to tighten down the bolts. I basically went over the whole bike after this, and found quite a bit of them to be loose.. Anyone know where I could get a replacement?

Thanks

SeñorJack

El Guapo
welcome! sorry to hear about the bolts :(

as far as replacing them I just brought one of the others into a local hardware store and they hooked me up with the right one. they are all the same thread size and diameter, but I believe the two bolts on either side that hold your brake line are a bit longer.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
New to the FZ8 and new to this forum. I have a 2012 with just over 100 miles on it, and was wondering if the headlight was supposed to light up on the 'top part'. It looks like there is something in there but it doesn't light up...

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

The European version of the FZ8 has a "parking light" in the top part. The US version does not. I offer adding an LED light to that location as part of my retrofitting services.

RS1

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

The European version of the FZ8 has a "parking light" in the top part. The US version does not. I offer adding an LED light to that location as part of my retrofitting services.

Ahh ha! Interesting. They should have just added a bright amber LED or something to help the cagers to pick us out better.. Perhaps if you were closer :)

frogger

the Australian models have a parking light. I have noticed on the 2013 model that when I have high beam lights on they spill into the top part and this makes a light beam shoot into the sky infront of my face in areas that have no street lights. it gets abit annoying after awhile and it never did it on my 2011 fz8n :S anyone else have this happen ?