Tire break in ritual

Mrpacis

After almost eating asphalt a few days ago with my old baldy rear tire. Decided to get new front and rear bt016. Parts and labor 260 dollars. What do you guys do to break in the new tires. Planning on a canyon ride this weekend.

C

Camo

Ride your local twisty bits nice and smoothly...after the first 100km's they usually feel ready to be ridden hard as you like.
That's what I do any way, not sure if this is the cosier process

F

Fazed

Getting the tyre hot by gradually riding it harder through corners seems to be the key to a quick break in. It melts the release agent away quicker. The other option is to get a rasp to the tyre.

BIGpanda

scrub the tires, then ride it like you stole it after they are warm. I have never gone soft on new tires, I just run the piss out of them after I scrubbed them and got em' hot.

D

DJK1505

mount, install balance beads, ride home from my shop (37 miles), nice; leaning harder each corner. Get home, load the back pack up, strap it down, and haul ass to the mountains. Usually the first 50-75 milies you will want to slowly work into hard corners. Then have fun!!!!!!!

Mrpacis

Stock 11800. The rear went bald due to the way I ride aggressive and did about 4 to five. Pretty quick burn outs.

D

DJK1505

I liked my 016's, the 003rs were nice, but only got about 2800 miles out of the rear. Want to try the S20's next. Runnnig a used set of Michelin Pilot Powers now, 6 year old tire and this thing is freakin nice. Its the old single compound design, but it really sticks!!

DJ

C

Camo

Stock 11800. The rear went bald due to the way I ride aggressive and did about 4 to five. Pretty quick burn outs.

:confused:
You got 11800 miles outta the stock rubber by ridding aggressively?
Mine didn't make it anywhere near 10000km's.
The BT016's have been great so far.

Mrpacis

:confused:
You got 11800 miles outta the stock rubber by ridding aggressively?
Mine didn't make it anywhere near 10000km's.
The BT016's have been great so far.

What is 10000km? Lol. Yeah and I ride everyday too. Funny thing is I commute a lot and on the rear tire only the middle part is worn the sides were still 75 percent

C

Camo

11800 miles = nearly 19000km's.....aggressively wore out the middle lol, good one!