Tinted tail

H

Hoover

Just had my tail light tinted. I really like how it turned out. Running the stock 1157 bulb, it is not too bad during the day, and just fine at night.
I may put a higher wattage bulb in but am unsure if the housing could handle the heat. LED was no good as it only projects light straight back and not onto the reflector.

lothodon

Super Moderator
as much as i love to looks of the clear tails, i cannot give up the safety factor of a BRIGHT tail/brake light. having been rear ended once already and all...

can i ask how you tinted it?

H

Hoover

Hell yeah. I'd even ride to S Point and ride back down with you. He only does it on Saturdays and only when he has a few. About once a month or so.
Takes 5 mins to take it out, 5 mins to prep it, quick squirt, an hour to dry and off ya go :D

hypo

I've been rear ended once as well... and actually I've been thinking about adding an LED lightbar across the underside between the rear peg mounts...

Speedo007

Ive even been surprised myself one night to almost rear end a bike...when the rear light is lined up with the left rear light of a car visibility is an issue (and the guy was all wearing black with no reflective pieces anywhere). I have a black helmet and I made sure to add black reflective tape (during the day you barely see it, it's black, at night when light hits it, it become bright white). My Rukka suit also has great reflective pieces on jacket and pants. I really think the best visibility upgrade you can have is on your helmet and jacket.

djcecil

i swapped to led just because i was worried that if that single bulb goes out while you are out riding all day, how would you know? it also looks way better and signals are integrated but that was second thought.
now my frame sliders i use as highway bars and rest my legs on them while riding down the road in my hot pink gear, because i am mr safety!

it does look good though, he did a great job.