Time for a new chain and sprockets.

RoadKill

20,632 miles.... time for a new chain and sprockets.
I was hoping i could make it beyond 30,000 miles before i had to do this but i have some stiff links now :(

Stealership wants $200 for labor alone. i got them to price closer but not mach yamahapartshouse.com on the parts. $229 for those, the online store only wanted $197. OEM parts.

ssky0078

I just had mine done on the Fz1. I was at $220 for parts and $120 for labor. FYI the OEM rear sprocket that showed up was actually a Sunstar brand with a Yamaha sticker on it. So, if you want to an aftermarket sprocket for the rear you won't be losing anything. The front sprocket however they recommended to always do OEM.

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
How often do you lube your chain? I just started getting a few stiff spots and the dealership tech said to just adjust it (first time it's needed adjustment) and clean and lube it again and ride on. I'm at about 142xx mi.

RoadKill

yeah this dealership really sucks on pricing. i need to find another reliable dealership to have stuff i don't want to do done.

I have heard replacing the chain is a big pain in the ass.
next time i will probably do it myself. i would love to watch someone do it on our bike. thanks for the input.

i lube the chain every 600 miles and i use performance chain lube. that stuff repels dirt so i don't have to clean it often. when i clean it i use kerosene.